Wind noise

I have a 2023 vRS and after doing a few longer motorway trips now. I notice that the wind noise around the windows is a little intrusive. Does anyone have any ideas on potential resolutions? 

would wind deflectors work?

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Wadd3r5 said:

I have a 2023 vRS and after doing a few longer motorway trips now. I notice that the wind noise around the windows is a little intrusive. Does anyone have any ideas on potential resolutions? 

would wind deflectors work?

Thanks in advance.

I’ve noticed this as well. Mine literally sounds like the rear passenger window behind the drivers side Bpillar is slightly open. 

If it is similar to the 2020 Skoda Superb, the main problems will probably be the rubber door seals, the B pillar and the door, either in combination or all 3.

From the easiest remedy to the most extreme or challenging:

1) Make sure your door rubber seals are functioning well with no kinks that allow wind noise in. (May also want to try Rubber protectant by sonax?)

2) Add noise insulation rubber seals, easily available and easily stuck on your pre-existing door rubber seals. (ebay, aliexpress)

3) The B pillar has a huge hollow space there that echoes road noise upwards towards the driver's ears. Difficult: Sound deadening (sticking dynamat sound deadener or similar material on the thin metal surfaces of the pillar), sound insulation and sound absorption will help. This involves opening up the B Pillar if you DIY!

4) Do the same for the door. A PITA to open the door frame etc. It will however, give an even more premium thud sound when you close the door.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. I will take a look at additional sound insulation. If I remember correctly someone posted on here about their process so will take a look for tips.

4 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I've got some wind deflectors for the Mk3 which I never fitted, would they fit a Mk4?

I would have thought you were in the best position to answer that one yourself?

14 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I've got some wind deflectors for the Mk3 which I never fitted, would they fit a Mk4?

Very unlikely I would have thought, aren't the doors a different shape and size?

• 4 months later...

Fitted wind deflectors to my 2022 Octavia VRS. Unfortunately makes the wind noise worse. It is the 1st car that I have had them fitted to,  so I do not know if this is normal to any car that has them fitted. I have now removed them.