Advice on USB-C cable

jimbo116

I have just placed an order for a Skoda Scala SE. I have already ordered some mats but I would also like to purchase a cable to allow me to charge my Android Phone (Usb-C) in the car. Anyone got a suggestion for which cable to buy and the best length to get.

I got mine from either Tesco or Curry’s- I forget which. It’s short about 300mm . The iPhone sits very comfortably in the cubby hole where the usb sockets are. BTW phone also provides navigation via Google maps. 
just realised my cable is lighting to usb-c, yours will be different at the phone end!

Edited by John2022
Correction for different cable
  • Like 1

I would say you don't need a particulary high quality cable unless you are wanting to utilise it for fast charging over long lengths or use it for laptop charging. Usually cars have a feeble 0.5A or 1A charging output, not sure whether this has changed since the introduction of USB C outputs?

Edited by SuperbTWM
spelling!
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 07:16, jimbo116 said:

I have just placed an order for a Skoda Scala SE. I have already ordered some mats but I would also like to purchase a cable to allow me to charge my Android Phone (Usb-C) in the car. Anyone got a suggestion for which cable to buy and the best length to get.

Get one off your dealer should give you one. Mine did. But they are £10 

Edited by skoda1982

• 1 month later...