VAG COM Codes.

roo

Here are word documents of worthwhile vag com codes, These are by no means exhaustive.

One is for Fabia, Superb and Mk1 Octavia
the other one is for the Mk2 Octavia. There is a lot more that can be done with the Octavia II, but they are either not worth doing, or will make the car illegal (you can have the car brake lights light at the same brightness as the tail lights, which means they will not show when the lights are on. I for one (and Briskoda.net) do not condone this and therefore have not added it)
This is all done at the owners risk
If there is anything else to add, post how to in this forum and I will update these.

And this thread will be trimmed from time to time to cut out the drivel.

For more exhaustive lists of codes and stuff:
http://en.openobd.org/

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Diagnostic_Procedures

For those users that want to help make VCDS even better then please feel free to e-mail Ross-Tech a copy of your Auto-Scan

If there are no descriptions in the ‘Coding’ long code then Admaps would also be useful... Ross-Tech can then include further information in new software releases. 

vag com octy1,fabia, superb.doc

vag com octy2.doc

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 1

Didn't take you long to find this Sebastian. :P

Have you got this set up to email you when keywords such as 'OBD' or 'Ross-Tech' and VAG-COM are written :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice work Jeff.

For those that don't already know Sebastian runs a very useful and informative site regarding OBD and VAG cars.

The correct translation would be "Ambient Mirror Illumination"' date=' the lights on the bottom of the exterior mirrors.

[/quote']

yes, I decided to make it easy to read and understand as the vagcom text can be confusing, als orather than putting up everything (which is seen in on the Vagcom screen anyway) I just put up a simple guide of what is worth doing rather than just sticking it all up as some of it would make the car illegal when turned on, and the rest is irrelevant to the octavia or useless (why would you want to turn off the pinch protection on the electric windows???).

Given that you are not posting anything new, just linking to the Ross-Tech site or your own with information already given, don't bother unless it's something interesting that can be done with the car that is not covered.

as a matter of interest what are Puddle lights ?

The are in the indicator housing and turn on when the door is unlocked, so you can see if there is a puddle where you would put you foot when it is dark.

• Like 1

Tried to enable the door mirror lights on a 55 plate vRS today.

You can enable them but they don't work and you get a fault code basically saying that there is a wiring fault - not there I suspect.

Tried to enable the door mirror lights on a 55 plate vRS today.

You can enable them but they don't work and you get a fault code basically saying that there is a wiring fault - not there I suspect.

cheers Stu, I'll edit the word doc.

Given that you are not posting anything new, just linking to the Ross-Tech site or your own with information already given, don't bother unless it's something interesting that can be done with the car that is not covered.

Well, I won't disturb you guys anymore you seem to know most of that, so no need for me to help out here. :thumbup:

BTW: Something interesting might emergency flashers which activate by ABS activity or automatic closing of windows and (if euqipped) sunroof...

The are in the indicator housing and turn on when the door is unlocked, so you can see if there is a puddle where you would put you foot when it is dark.

Supposedly you don't have the right equipment and of course this can only be activated if equipped.

ambient_mirror_illumination.jpg

Well' date=' I won't disturb you guys anymore you seem to know most of that, so no need for me to help out here. :thumbup:

BTW: Something interesting might emergency flashers which activate by ABS activity or automatic closing of windows and (if euqipped) sunroof...

[/quote']

Don't get me wrong, all help is welcome, and everyone is encouraged to help. I know my document is not exhaustive and as previously posted is for simplicity and worthiness as a lot of the stuff is not relevent.

Sorry if I came across as blunt.

have added your site along with the ross tech wiki site to the first post as more exhaustive online guides. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

We had a look at some of these possible changes, namely the Steering setting (which was correct), the Alarm Beep & the 2nd Fog.

The Alarm : 46 Central Convience - Long Coding, didn't seem to allow you make any changes, ie couldn't change anything in drop down menu. It was fixed for a certain Importer code.

The 2nd Fog : 09 Central Electrics - Long Coding, had a drop down with 0, 1, 2 on it.

0 E Bordnetz SG H371002

1 A Wischer SK351 012 0401

2 T Regenlicht Sein 011 1110

We weren't sure what we should pick, as it seemed different to Roo's list.

Were we in the right spot ? Help appreciated :thumbup:

We had a look at some of these possible changes' date=' namely the Steering setting (which was correct), the Alarm Beep & the 2nd Fog.

The Alarm : 46 Central Convience - Long Coding, didn't seem to allow you make any changes, ie couldn't change anything in drop down menu. It was fixed for a certain Importer code.

The 2nd Fog : 09 Central Electrics - Long Coding, had a drop down with 0, 1, 2 on it.

0 E Bordnetz SG H371002

1 A Wischer SK351 012 0401

2 T Regenlicht Sein 011 1110

We weren't sure what we should pick, as it seemed different to Roo's list.

Were we in the right spot ? Help appreciated :thumbup:[/quote']if you use the long coding helper it shows you everything. If the helper option is not shown it's the wrong controller.

(i.e, controller 0 will show long coding helper option on the vagcom screen, 1 - is a different controller, 2 is for the automatic wipers/light sensor)

The alarm can also be changed in the normal adaption settings for controller 46, try that.

The long coding helper for the alarm will show the option as:

Siren Tone Type (0 = frequency modulated / 1 = intermittent)

where 0 is the uk/eire style alarm

if you use the long coding helper it shows you everything. If the helper option is not shown it's the wrong controller.

(i.e' date=' controller 0 will show long coding helper option on the vagcom screen, 1 - is a different controller, 2 is for the automatic wipers/light sensor)

The alarm can also be changed in the normal adaption settings for controller 46, try that.

The long coding helper for the alarm will show the option as:

Siren Tone Type (0 = frequency modulated / 1 = intermittent)

where 0 is the uk/eire style alarm[/quote']

:thumbup: , it's all new to me ;) . I'll get Bpm to have another crack at it :)

:thumbup: , it's all new to me ;) . I'll get Bpm to have another crack at it :)

I take it he has the latest version, as the older versions and the older cable do not work fully on the Octavia 2 ;)

he needs to have verion 4.04 or newer and the can bus compatible cable. If not you may still be able to change it using the adaption channels, but I have not tried it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Roo,

Cheers for the info, we figured out where we needed to go....EVENTUALLY :rolleyes:

46 Central Convenience

Byte 6 Bit 1 & 3 ticked (To activate the beeps for alarm)

Byte 7 Bit 1 & 3 ticked (To activate the beeps for alarm)

Any idea what

46 Central Convenience - Byte 8 Bit 7 Activation Horn Signal Anti Theft

09 Central Electronics – Byte 1 Bit 4 Heated Side Mirror Installed….it was disable (didn’t touch)

Found that,

46 Central Convenience – Byte 3 Bit 1 …..unticked didn’t enable 2nd Fog lamp

BUT

46 Central Convenience – Byte 4 Bit 4 …ticked did (Activation of 2 rear fog lights)

Btw is there a total closure option? There seemed to be one that might but we weren’t sure.

Also has anyone tried the Rest of World Type Siren? it was too late to be activating, as the UK one sounds a little low.

46 Central Convenience

Byte 6 Bit 1 & 3 ticked (To activate the beeps for alarm)

Byte 7 Bit 1 & 3 ticked (To activate the beeps for alarm)

Any idea what

46 Central Convenience - Byte 8 Bit 7 Activation Horn Signal Anti Theft

09 Central Electronics – Byte 1 Bit 4 Heated Side Mirror Installed….it was disable (didn’t touch)

Found that' date='

46 Central Convenience – Byte 3 Bit 1 …..unticked didn’t enable 2nd Fog lamp

BUT

46 Central Convenience – Byte 4 Bit 4 …ticked did (Activation of 2 rear fog lights)

Btw is there a total closure option? There seemed to be one that might but we weren’t sure.

Also has anyone tried the Rest of World Type Siren? it was too late to be activating, as the UK one sounds a little low.[/quote']

Tried them first 2, did not make any difference. Probably for a different car

fog lamps, can't remember,

If with total closure you mean using the fob to open and close the windows, yep.

if not, I'm not sure on what you mean.

The rest of the world siren is an annoying discontinuous screech. it's hard to explain, but I prefer it personally.

Tried them first 2' date=' did not make any difference. Probably for a different car

fog lamps, can't remember,

If with total closure you mean using the fob to open and close the windows, yep.

if not, I'm not sure on what you mean.

The rest of the world siren is an annoying discontinuous screech. it's hard to explain, but I prefer it personally.[/quote']

First 2 worked for me...beep beep ;)

The total closure I mean is press button once and not only will it arm alarm but ALSO shut windows/Sunroof. I seen it on BPM's Combi. (I remember I read something that it was dangerous .ie disables window stopping if something trapped).

At the moment if I press and hold close button the windows do close.

I could be tempted to go for the rest of the world alarm and too be honest a cat wouldn't be afraid of the UK version :rolleyes: .

The total closure I mean is press button once and not only will it arm alarm but ALSO shut windows/Sunroof. I seen it on BPM's Combi. (I remember I read something that it was dangerous .ie disables window stopping if something trapped).

At the moment if I press and hold close button the windows do close.

Nope, that sounds like an alientech controller or an option on an aftermarket alarm installed rather than the car

• 3 weeks later...

The rest of the world siren is an annoying discontinuous screech. it's hard to explain' date=' but I prefer it personally.[/quote']

BIT 6 Alarm Siren Type 0-UK 1-rest of World, can't figure out what difference this makes as it wasn't apparent. It seems to be different to Roo's. I thought it maybe to do with duration of alarm but both are the same. Has anyone else tried it ??? Does it go off again after a period of time ?????

BIT 7 Adaption Channel for siren Configuration Blocked, this seemed to give a Louder alarm noise (checked it off another vRS and it was enabled...and his was initially louder than mine).

BIT 5 Siren Tone 0 continous 1 Dis continous, changes the tone from Continous to Dis Continous (like a beep) as it says.

BIT 6 Alarm Siren Type 0-UK 1-rest of World' date=' can't figure out what difference this makes as it wasn't apparent. It seems to be different to Roo's. I thought it maybe to do with duration of alarm but both are the same. Has anyone else tried it ??? Does it go off again after a period of time ?????

[/quote']

I could be wrong, it has been known in the past. I'll go through them when I get a chance.