Part enquiry

maccy

Hello team,I am trying to locate at a sensible price a boot release handle for my 2005 Fabia Combi 6Y5.My problem is that I keep getting conflicting part numbers,for example : 6Y0827574M   This is I think the correct number, but I get lots of search results that say it should be a 

……74K or L .In my searches I assume that the hatch back model boot release is different to the combi, am I correct in assuming this.Thank you in anticipation.

Yes, the hatchback ones are different. The first number you gave is the right one for your Combi if it has central locking.

iuyyujnm.png

76789ik.png

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1

I have looked at all of the images I can find,they all look exactly the same to me Pete,the only things that can change is possibly a longer cable or the angle of fitting due to different rear doors.

2 minutes ago, maccy said:

I have looked at all of the images I can find,they all look exactly the same to me Pete,the only things that can change is possibly a longer cable or the angle of fitting due to different rear doors.

Plus mine is working fine,the problem is that the rubber part that you press to open has a large split in it.

I have just called the nearest Skoda dealer to me and they are £44.50p.According to his knowledge they are available to order only.Where did you get the price you quoted from?

4 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Yep, should get one at that price from any dealer or maybe a little less at a cooperative TPS.

The TPS near me won’t sell to the general public ,even though I gave them lots of orders when I was still working.

4 hours ago, maccy said:

I have just called the nearest Skoda dealer to me and they are £44.50p.According to his knowledge they are available to order only.Where did you get the price you quoted from?

That's the same price with VAT added. I took out a subscription to partslink24 recently. Very handy.

• 1 month later...

I eventually purchased one from TPS,and they knocked me a couple of quid off.Hardest job was removing the trim panel off the boot without breaking any of the fittings.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, maccy said:

Hardest job was removing the trim panel off the boot without breaking any of the fittings.

Getting it back on is even harder :D

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TMB said:

Getting it back on is even harder :D

Each time I've had to remove it, it's went back on with less screws and fittings than before. At some point it's just not going to be there at all! :D

• Haha 2