hi all

have a nice day

felicia 1300 CC injection 54H 1997

on the highway Temp. around 88/92 and fan turn on/off as usual under 100 Km/h

BUT on speed up between  100~130 KM/H Temp. up to 95C and fan never Stop and Temp. around 95~90

Thermostat 87 C & Swith Fan 88/79 C

thanks for the advice

1 hour ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Coolant level is OK?

Have your mechanic made a ''pressure test'' to see any leaks?

yse i know coolant level is OK 

but i ask bout Fan never stop for along time and temp. still 95 and no leaks 

If it's a warm day, high rpm for long time, load in car etc so what's the problem for the radiator to work for at least 45 seconds for few times when the temperature is 95 'C ?

This shows that the engine is ''pushed'' a bit.

The bad thing is when the radiator works for may minutes without stopping.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2023 at 18:53, D.FYLAKTOS said:

If it's a warm day, high rpm for long time, load in car etc so what's the problem for the radiator to work for at least 45 seconds for few times when the temperature is 95 'C ?

This shows that the engine is ''pushed'' a bit.

The bad thing is when the radiator works for may minutes without stopping.

This is the issue why the continued 

ScreenShot_20230113110638.png

Beneath that cover are 2 relays, open it remove them and spray with contact cleaner (with No Oil).

In the past one of these relays caused me problems, the 1st day made a delay for the radiator to start and the 2nd day didn't let the radiator start at all and i had an overheating.

18 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Beneath that cover are 2 relays, open it remove them and spray with contact cleaner (with No Oil).

These relays are specific to your AC system, they are not used in the factory wiring.

On 27/04/2023 at 11:01, Agalalh said:

BUT on speed up between  100~130 KM/H Temp. up to 95C and fan never Stop and Temp. around 95~90

Thermostat 87 C & Swith Fan 88/79 C

It sounds like the radiator has hard time cooling the engine. It might be partially clogged. Or the switch set points drifted due to age, it's quite common especially on low quality switches.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2023 at 09:01, Papez said:

These relays are specific to your AC system, they are not used in the factory wiring.

My A/C is Alex, added later by the local dealer.

2 times those relays caused me problems (1st time the mechanic slack and spray them and the 2nd time change one of them) with the radiator fan, maybe was a coincidence but immediately after the fan started work again.

Edited by D.FYLAKTOS