switching gears

hello guys i got two questions. Frst one is can i drive and switch from D to S while driving and second can i switch gears from dsg gear or i need to put to sport mode from dashboard(computer) or both are good to go also when driving . thank you

Hi.

You can normally drive and switch gear leaver from D to S and back with no issues. I only wouldn't recommend changing it when under full throttle or full braking.

Not sure what you mean with "DSG gear". If you mean the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel, then yes. You can also use them when in D mode.

• Like 1

Hello K, are you asking about switching from DSG to manual selection of gears through the stick while on the move? - if so, yes - just move stick to side (M) and push forward to change up, pull back to change down.

Edited by Warrior193
added tip
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warrior193 said:

Hello K, are you asking about switching from DSG to manual selection of gears through the stick while on the move? - if so, yes - just move stick to side (M) and push forward to change up, pull back to change down.

i mean from dsg gearbox from d to s and back correct me if im wrong sry for my bad english IMG_0061.jpeg.23a94c4bbf383ce90c9d783909883410.jpeg

I have flicked from D to S while driving (at fairly low speeds) without any problems. I prefer driving in S and usually select that from start up, just pull the 'thumb' shift back a second time before moving off. My car doesn't have DSG 7sp, it is the 8sp single clutch gearbox.

Edited by SouthernComfort
added info
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

In the new mk4 Octavia you can't switch from auto to manual mode with the DSG stick anymore. DSG selector stick is only used to switch between DSG modes. Park, Neutral and Drive (Sport).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kederov said:

i mean from dsg gearbox from d to s and back correct me if im wrong sry for my bad english

Yes you can. But this will only change gearbox mode from D to S and back. It won't change any other settings of the car. To do that you need to change driving mode through the menu in the main screen.

@kederov you can also contact me on private if you want to discuss this further in Slovenian language 😉

Edited by TheUltraRunner
  • Thanks 1