Battery Drain

Hello There

New to the forum.

I have a Kodiaq 2019.

I have had to have the alternator replaced at 62k and a new modern gel battery as my car died on a trip abroad.

I now have an issue that when either the radio / Sat Nav is on and the engine is not running I'm getting the same red triangle warning light saying battery not recharging. I've had it to the mechanic who has run full diagnostic on it and can't find any issues.

Any ideas what this may be?

Thanks

DG

Hello Breezy Pete

I get that, just wondering why after 4 years this is suddenly an issue. Up till the initial alternator failure and then the battery replacement, never had an issue with the warning lights when the engine was off and radio or sat nav on.

Thanks DG

Hello Kodiaqsportsline

Thanks for that, I'm in the garage again on Thursday, will ask if there's a test he can do. Then go back to halfords.

DG

@Breezy Pete

Yep, Halfords did the update. But come to think of it, it took a bit of time using their equipment.

DG

Maybe, I'll have the mechanic on Thursday have a look and let you know the outcome.

Thanks for your help folks

DG

5 hours ago, DG02 said:

Hello There

New to the forum.

I have a Kodiaq 2019.

I have had to have the alternator replaced at 62k and a new modern gel battery as my car died on a trip abroad.

I now have an issue that when either the radio / Sat Nav is on and the engine is not running I'm getting the same red triangle warning light saying battery not recharging. I've had it to the mechanic who has run full diagnostic on it and can't find any issues.

Any ideas what this may be?

Thanks

DG

Hello DG, typically, how long do you leave the infotainment on with the engine stopped before the warning comes up? 

Depends,

Sometimes its a couple of mins before I start car and drive off in the morning and then sometimes if I have on for 5 or 6 mins when waiting on a pick up.

Before this issue started I could have the radio on for 20 min (e.g. whilst waiting on ferry etc) with no warning lights.

DG

• Like 1

I'd be a little suspicious about Halfrauds claim about the new battery adaptation - there is at least one recent posting on this forum, where they stated to a member that a new battery does not need it!

Thats worrying,

However, I was referred there by a garage whilst on a journey and light came on, who didn't have in stock the battery required.

Update.

Mechanic said Halfords had just cleared faults hadn't updated the cars computer, which he has now done.

Hopefully thats then end of it, but kniowing this "monday mornin" car it won't be the last.

I have an infotainment screen that the sat nav now has 3cm of greyed out area at the top, Skamda want £895 for a replacement, breakers asking £280. apparently codes needed to pair the second hand screen. So trying to source them 😞

DG

• 4 months later...

Me Again

New Alternator, New Battery 6 months old, I now have a Stop Start System error and the Battery not charging warning.

Any ideas?

Back to the mechanic next week if I can get it there.

DG

Got rid of car, too much stress wondering when it'll breakdown again.

Won't ever be buying skoda again.

Thanks for your input.