BOOT HATCH BROKEN CABLE GOT ME AT LAST

Installing a new radio android head unit in the Roomster I was looking at threading a rear camera cable through the rubber cable boot when as I peeled it back I found a large black cable broken in two with bare ends exposed. I never noticed anything amiss prior to this except the front passenger lock failing to lock.

But as a major fault on Roomsters it had to get me sooner or later.

Repaired with new section of cable using cable crimps and all is well and the front door not locking problem has seemingly gone away. Im mindful that Amazon do a specific cable and boot kit for this should any more problems arise.

• Like 2

Lock now delivered after delays with Royal Mail which i may now not need. In the interim I have left the 2 screw at the bottom door sill out fearing that if the lock failed in the locked position i wouldn't be able to get the inner door card off to get at the lock because these screws are hidden when the door is closed and you have to lift up the door card to free it and get at the lock.

Or am I wrong and there is a way to free a faulty locked door from the inside>

Seems I had it wrong about the torx screws at the bottom of the doors .You can undo them from the inside due to recesses which sitting in the car you can feel with your finger  to locate using  your torx driver. My front lock seems to behaving now so screws put back in but may replace later. I know my back locks failure was intermittent sometimes working and other times locking solid putting the passengers at risk ,so I was glad to replace that one as soon  as possible .

As it question often asked on the forum how do I get a locked door open that seems to get no answers I did find this video which may help?

• Like 1