Rattle cause

I have been hearing a rattle when the front passenger door is closed: the sound of something loose at the bottom of the door. I blamed it on my son who slams the door when he alights outside the station. I did not relish the thought of removing the door card to locate the rattle. I remember some years ago that my Nissan Micra had a ticking from the drivers door while driving and the dealer said to lubricate the door hinges and stay which stopped the ticking. I inspected the Roomie's door stay and decided to grease the stay as it looked rather dry. Finding some Castrol LM grease in the shed (which belonged to my Father when he greased the nipples on his upright Ford Popular) I sparingly greased the passengers door stay, and then the others. I opened and closed the passenger door and hence no rattle was heard. Job done.

• Like 2