Roofbar position

Any ideas for ensuring the roof bars are in exactly the position each time I fir them? They need to be the correct distance apart for the roofbox, I was thinking about putting some helicopter tape on the rails, but any other suggestions welcome.

The fittings on my box can be set so the spacing is fixed. Then you just need some sort of indication on the car for one bar. Assuming this is what you are talking about. Maybe a bit of tape on the underside of the rail? Or even a small scratch that could later be buffed out.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, petrolcan said:

I'm assuming you're not using genuine bars as there are holes in the underside of the rails for pins to sit in.

No, Atera bars, but I”ll have a look for the holes. Thanks

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 00:44, petrolcan said:

I'm assuming you're not using genuine bars as there are holes in the underside of the rails for pins to sit in.

If it’s the estate then they haven’t got locating holes

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 00:11, MarkyG82 said:

The fittings on my box can be set so the spacing is fixed. Then you just need some sort of indication on the car for one bar. Assuming this is what you are talking about. Maybe a bit of tape on the underside of the rail? Or even a small scratch that could later be buffed out.

Once correctly set, I've used a pencil to put marks on the underside of roof bars to put my roof box at the same position each time I use it. A thin Onyx marker would be Ok too.

Edited by Bap33
  • Like 2