Skoda fabia start stop error

On 12/06/2023 at 20:54, hannah1234 said:

Hi has anyone had an issue with the start stop system? Im getting an error when i start my car saying start stop error. This is causing the emission light to stay on

The Start/Stop won't work when the Battery is low or there is high demand on the battery. 

I had the Start/Stop showing an Error,  not working and both the Emissions light & Engine Management light come on for about 300 miles, after vehicle had not moved for several weeks.

They eventually all resolved by themselves & didn't come back.

The dealer found something in their TPI (Tech. Product bulletins) though, suggesting this may benefit from the 'Turbo Waste Gate' being replaced though.

@MujBriSkodaIf you have a Mk3 Fabia and in the UK and under 3 years old so covered by manufacturers warranty tell them to go check the TPI and then with Skoda and replace the 'Turbo Waste Gate' free gratis to you & under warranty.

Likely they will find that not needed if Skoda says no and you are not paying.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, toot said:

@MujBriSkodaIf you have a Mk3 Fabia and in the UK and under 3 years old so covered by manufacturers warranty tell them to go check the TPI and then with Skoda and replace the 'Turbo Waste Gate' free gratis to you & under warranty.

Likely they will find that not needed if Skoda says no and you are not paying.

Thanks. 👍 Yeah, that's what they're doing, today. 😄

• 2 months later...