Battery tray clamp/bolt?

BristolMitch

HI, 

I had a new stop/start battery fitted at a well known high street motoring shop, but they failed to refit the holding clamp . Does anyone know the part number ? I have a 2014 1.6 greenline diesel.  I did try and sort it out with the shop , but failed , and I am not getting my blood pressure up arguing over it!

Many thanks,

Paul

Hi Pete,  I had a good look where you said but could not find it.  I am taking the car back in next week because I now have four orange warning lights , Power steering/ESC/ABS/TPMS, which came on the day after they fitted the battery , Also, my stop/start system has stopped working.  They have initially said it may be a sensor, but it was fine before fitting the new battery! Perhaps a higher voltage from the new battery is exposing faults ? I will buy the parts and hand them over for them to fit.

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciated.

It will be their failure to 'tell' the car there's a new battery fitted that'll be causing the fault indications, I'm almost certain; nothing really wrong.

They need to finish installing the battery by doing this coding, or they haven't done the job properly. Please don't let them off the hook on this.

@varooom has written a guide for how to do this, maybe show it to them if they say 'not necessary' or fob you off in any way.

The warnings probably would/will go away on their own over time, but if you've paid to have the battery fitted, they should do the whole job.

50 minutes ago, BristolMitch said:

Power steering/ESC/ABS/TPMS, which came on the day after they fitted the batter

Snap!!!!

I think mine is a rear wheel sensor or perhaps the reluctor ring in the wheel bearing, VCDS says its the NSR but you might as well  flipp a coin than believe that pile of Merde!

I am going to swap the sensors side to side and see if the fault moves, if it does then it will be the sensor and not the reluctor ring, if it remains NSR then its the reluctor.

In either case I still wont have any confidence on what side the fault is really on!

I'm off to tinker right now!

• 2 weeks later...

Its now fixed! They eventually fitted a new sensor which made the issue go away , but did not charge me, which I cannot argue with. Whether the new battery highlighted an issue that was imminent?  Thanks again for all the help.

• Like 2