2012 Elegance - does it come with Driver Memory Seat as standard?

Hello!

Picked up my Elegance 140 2.0 diesel on Friday night.  I went to use the memory seat function but nothing happened.  Saw on here there is a reset procedure but again, no joy.  I then found to my dismay that I was able to pick up the plastic memory seat plate and it had no wiring attached.  Does the Elegance come with Memory Seat as standard, and if so, is it easy to go rooting in the seat to find the wiring?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this. :o)

Okay...so I took a look this evening.

One of the pics below shoes my fascia plate for the memory seats.

Another photo shows the free wire I found digging around.

I could see that the wire won't connect to the fascia plate as something seems to be missing. A quick look online revealed some sort of backing plate seems to be missing (pic attached of what I think it should look like). Do I need to buy that part to get the seat memory working?

20230620_223412.jpg

20230619_141255.jpg

20230620_224517.jpg

I suspect so.ething stopped working jonny, as the L-shaped bit that goes into the fascia plate is missing so there is nowhere for the wire to connect to.

I've ordered an aftermarket copy to see if that does the job. One other question...when I picked the car up, someone appeared to have pushed the instrument cluster dimmer wheel (next to the knob for the exterior lights) into the recess behind it.

I removed the unit and reinstalled the dimmer wheel so that it was sat where it should be. Does it only dim the green lights in the centre console, or should it also dim the dashboard lights for rom and mph etc? Mine only seems to dim lights in the centre console.

Sorry for all the questions!

The part looks right according to Skoda.

Be careful with the aftermarket part, just my opinion, not fact.

The memory seat is great if you have two key holders, the mirrors adjust also.

I live in the land of 23 hour daylight this time of year, but if I recall my dimmer does the dashboard and my DSG box letters also.

Please ask away, that's what this great site is for mate.

It's saved me hundreds in the last year.

On 23/06/2023 at 19:11, Jonnyhatesjazz70 said:

Quick update.

We had heavy rain and thick cloud today, checked what dimmed on rolling the switch.

Dash, radio, DSG letters and I think climate controls.

Hope this helps.

Even the mood lights that are in the interior light unit dim on the dimmer switch