Felicia pick up flywheel torque settings

Hi I have just received an almost bare engine for my pick up just wondering if anyone can explain how tricky it'll be to put flywheel off my donor engine on and if you have the torque settings for it , also I have ordered a Haynes manual for the Felicia do you know if they will be in this?

It's covered in the Haynes manual, according to them the torque is 60Nm + a 90 degree turn (for the 1.6 engine). They also recommend new bolts and, some thread lock on the bolts. Seems a bit of overkill to me, I wonder what Skoda recommend, someone will probably post an extract from their official workshop page.

Edited by R_U_AFA

1.3 petrol engine

Flywheel bolts (new with thread locking compound)

Stage 1: 30 Nm

Stage 2: Angle-tighten through a further 90 ' (degrees)

Flywheel cover plate bolts 10 Nm

1.6 diesel engine

Flywheel bolts (new bolts/nuts)

Stage 1: 60 Nm

Stage 2: Angle-tighten a further 90 ' (degrees)

Thanks for the info guys I put the bolts on yesterday and went 60 nm and 45 degrees as they felt so tight I thought I might sheer the bolts will this suffice or should I remove and re -tighten them (1600 engine by the way)

On 24/06/2023 at 20:18, eager said:

Thanks for the info guys I put the bolts on yesterday and went 60 nm and 45 degrees as they felt so tight I thought I might sheer the bolts will this suffice or should I remove and re -tighten them (1600 engine by the way)

What length of ratchet handle or breaker bar were you using for the angle stage?  Leverage is the key to controlled angle tightening, plus a bar that doesn't bend.