Eco mode not retained from start

Not sure if this is a fault with all models or just mine. 67 Plate SE-L fully updated Amundsen head unit. When I’m Eco mode the Amundsen display and the mode button both show the car is in Eco mode (Button Illuminated and Eco showing top left off Amundsen display) but the driver display shows normal drive mode (D) Car is definitely not in Eco mode and I have to reselect each time I start the car. Is this the same for everyone.

Odd, mine doesn’t. Have tried individual and although the Amundsen says its individual the driver display returns to D and definitely not in Eco mode. No matter what I try it always returns to D on restart.

24 minutes ago, FrankNicklin said:

Odd, mine doesn’t. Have tried individual and although the Amundsen says its individual the driver display returns to D and definitely not in Eco mode. No matter what I try it always returns to D on restart.

I'm guessing by the driver display you mean the letter before the gear number in the top right?

How have you setup individual? - there are many settings including those for steering, DSG, ACC, etc. which are all separate.

I wonder if this is either a PFL vs FL issue, or a post-Dieselgate issue?

@FrankNicklin is your Octavia a facelift model (I.e. two headlamps each side)? Mine is a pre-facelift with a single headlamp each side.

Edited by PetrolDave

11 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

I'm guessing by the driver display you mean the letter before the gear number in the top right?

How have you setup individual? - there are many settings including those for steering, DSG, ACC, etc. which are all separate.

Yes the letter before the gear number always reverts back to D but all other settings remain as Individual or Normal depending on settings.

8 minutes ago, ords said:

Yes same model 1.4 TSI 150bhp DSG, this is my issue so appears to be a feature that cannot be changed.

Edited by FrankNicklin

4 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

I wonder if this is either a PFL vs FL issue, or a post-Dieselgate issue?

@FrankNicklin is your Octavia a facelift model (I.e. two headlamps each side)? Mine is a pre-facelift with a single headlamp each side.

Yes the facelift model, twin headlights with LED strip split across both underneath.

7 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

The change was made in 2017 sometime.  My July 17 facelift retains the selected driving mode. 

I think it was due to emissions or something like that. 

So my later 67 model does not, but you would expect that if it is emission related that the default would be Eco across the board.

Wife has a 2017 1.4 TSI DSG facelift which remembers the exact last drive mode selected upon restart, my 2022 Superb reverts back to 'Normal' upon every restart which is quite irritating as I usually use 'Eco' or 'Individual' drive modes. 

Why they decided to change this is a question only the software engineers will be able to answer.