AC shortcut to set to Lo?

Are you kidding?

How could anything be quicker? "All the way" as you put it is just a partial twist of the wrist.

Talk about a first world problem 🥴

Perhaps going through menus on a touch screen, loading and using an App? 🙄

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doombar said:

Is there a way to set the AC to lo quickly that doesn’t involve winding the temp wheel backwards all the way?

If your car has the 'personalisation' functionality ( you'd be supplied with three keys ) then you can assign your key to always start up the a/c in LO and another key for the a/c to start where ever you assign it. Other than that then best looking for a direct replacement switch panel on ebay.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Thanks 1

If you leave it on low your fuel use will go through the roof. Just set it to 19-20 degrees and if the outside temperature is high the auto function will put on maximum cooling until the internal temperature begins to drop, then the cooling will back off, maintaining a decent inside temperature and not use too much fuel.

• Like 1

I wish I could reprogram the REST button for this instead of whatever it is supposed to do as I never use that! I will get the switch panel looked at I think next time it goes into the garage. 

Thanks for the ideas.

20 minutes ago, Doombar said:

There’s a ‘max’ setting for winter screen cleaning

That does a whole lot of stuff - redirects the airflow to the windscreen, turns the fan up to max. Not actually sure if it adjusts the temperature, however.

So it kind of makes sense to have a shortcut button that does all those things in one easy press, especially when most cars don't have a heated windscreen. It makes less sense (actually none whatsoever) to have a shortcut button for a function that is a single action anyway.

That’s the sort of thing I am looking for but with the purpose to cool the cabin and passengers as fast as possible. So set the ducting to the body level fans, set sync to ‘on’ and recirculation on, temp to cold and fan to max. But then when switched out of that mode it reverts back to whatever each side previously was set to and the ducting back to how It was before, recirculation off etc. too. I vaguely recollect having a hire car once that I thought had this feature (possibly in the US) but I can’t remember what it was.

On 25/06/2023 at 14:29, Routemaster1461 said:

If you leave it on low your fuel use will go through the roof. Just set it to 19-20 degrees and if the outside temperature is high the auto function will put on maximum cooling until the internal temperature begins to drop, then the cooling will back off, maintaining a decent inside temperature and not use too much fuel.

How? AC maybe but regular fan?

I’m the same as Routmaster, I leave mine at 19° C , a/c on and auto all the time. If it’s hot outside the system will provide maximum cooling till desired temperature is reached and maintain a comfortable temperature.

Edited by Kenny R