LED licence plate light programing

Hello, Maybe somebody programed led light, because it shows en error in the dash bord. I have OBDeleven. Maybe somebody knows how to long code it with OBDeleven, that it wouldn't show a bulb error in the dash bord? 

I don't believe it's a coding issue, my feeling is the builds you have are not canbus suitable and so are triggers warning as it doesn't show a draw of 12v at the bulb

I’ve tried canbus bulbs and even new units with resistors and they still flag up the light on the dash.

if anyone has had success I’d be interested to know how also?

14 minutes ago, mwlee512 said:

I’ve tried canbus bulbs and even new units with resistors and they still flag up the light on the dash.

if anyone has had success I’d be interested to know how also?

im currently working my way thought the Ebay sellers and whilst all of them claim to be can bus I haven't come across any that are suitable for the Superb yet!!

• Like 1

I had some from ebay that had resistors and they worked fine for years with just a couple blips of the car thinking one was out, there are some previous threads on here with details and options, including programming of led lights

• 2 weeks later...

What you need to do is to turn off the diagnostic fishing or bias voltage with a good coding device.  So called CAN BUS which the internet like to say is the cause of the warning lights. It is NOT a CAN Bus issue. You do not have twisted pair of can high or low going to the bulbs or a LIN connection.

What happens is J519 (also known as the BCM} sends out a small voltage across the bulb filament to check the circuit is intact. If the circuit is open, it will turn the bulb out warning light on. You can see this voltage when fitting LED replacements as they will flicker for a few seconds then turn off which can not usually be seen when a normal bulb is fitted.

By using resistors, you are simply fooling J519 the correct wattage bulb is fitted.  I had this when I retrofitted rear LED tail lights on my car, both flickered when turning the ignition on and I had to disable to hot and cold bulb monitoring, I think I used ODIS Engineering or something similar to do it at the time.

Byte 18 is the section you need to change to retrofit the tail lights, can't remember where the bulb monitoring section was, but mine had a default 00 by memory and is hidden from the normal coding in VCDS (no guide to what the bits should be offered for byte 18). Be VERY careful playing around with coding and ALWAYS make a full scan copy of the ecu long coding or you may end up having to buy a new ecu.