MIB2 software update & Canton

Hello. I own Superb Mk3 2016 L&K with Canton sound. MIB2 tain: MHI2_ER_SKG11_P2104_1 and software version H25.14.38_HIGH2_EU, SW MU 0318. This is one of the first software versions. Does anybody updated MIB2 with Canton? If I will update to latest version MU 1433, it doesnt kill Canton sound? I've read in other forum, that I maybe need after update Canton do parametrization..?

I recently upgraded my MIB2 Columbus unit from MHI2_ER_SKG11_P3325_0942 to MHI2_ER_SKG11_K3343_1433 successfully.

I have the Canton too, and it did not require parameterization.

I made a how-to guide if u need one.

Firmware Update Guide v1.0.pdf

Edited by JR RS

7 hours ago, JR RS said:

I recently upgraded my MIB2 Columbus unit from MHI2_ER_SKG11_P3325_0942 to MHI2_ER_SKG11_K3343_1433 successfully.

I have the Canton too, and it did not require parameterization.

I made a how-to guide if u need one.

Firmware Update Guide v1.0.pdf 6.43 MB · 35 downloads

Thanks for information.  You updated from 0942 to 1433, I will from 0318.. Your fw was more recent. Maybe it doesn't need Canton parameterization. MIBhelper notice that Bose system need parametrization.

@Spakainz - MIBHelper said the same thing for me - "Bose sound package might require parameterziation after update."

no change in sound quality after the update.

the Columbus is however quicker to load things, it feels a lot more responsive.

20 minutes ago, Spakainz said:

Strange why MIBHelper say about Bose fw is for skoda, Skoda doesn't  add Bose only Canton.

agreed - which is why i wasn't worried about it.

then again, please don't take my word for it as i updated from MU 0942, whilst ur on MU 0318, which u picked up earlier.

6 hours ago, Spakainz said:

Did you enabled Sport hmi on your mib2? 

U mean the Performance Monitor?

No I haven't.  It needs a SWaP code to activate.

206348902_images(23)2.jpeg.55e357b41af2b217664027b40cd95e23.jpeg

Hi all, just updated mine following the instructions above and I get a 'component protection enabled' error after installation. Has anyone any idea how to resolve that?

The current value of 'confirmation installation changed' shows 0000

Edited by Dave77

18 minutes ago, Dave77 said:

Hi all, just updated mine following the instructions above and I get a 'component protection enabled' error after installation. Has anyone any idea how to resolve that?

From what firmware you updated? Any details.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

I have to take the car to the airbag inspection campaign (they have been sending me letters for months) in my usual official service they have told me that they have to update the control unit from version 0318 to 1433, I have read here (and I do not I find it) that the new update creates problems on aliexpress installed cameras (just installed and working perfectly) and I don't know what other problems it can
  cause.

Do you know if we have a record of them?

Thanks.