Maybe do not watch, do not encourage him. 'Terrible news for EV owners'. You have the likes of this guy around, and the Daily Mail / Times and others scaring you, or trying to.

Ootohere

Can we get a didn't watch summary? What is the bad news?

Instead of giving view count, a quick summary on the click-bait title would be useful and informative.

• Like 1

Click to watch on YouTube, select the three dots to bring up the menu, enable transcript, skim-read that - Your eyes are likely far faster than this bloke's staccato style of speech.

• Thanks 1

Ho got 6 seconds before being deleted, 5 seconds longer than had he started with an excited "HI GUYS!"

There seems to be an increase in amount anti-EV coverage, which is driving more this kind of videos 

https://transportandenergy.com/2023/07/12/exclusive-leading-industry-figures-hit-back-at-anti-ev-stories-in-national-media/

"Exclusive: Leading industry figures hit back at anti-EV stories in national media" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/07/2023 at 23:48, toot said:

I thought it was the leader of White Russia ie Belarus !  

It is stunning that such people get any number of significant clicks on their youtube vids.

Usually watch for about a minute and then chop away as it become obviously so misinformed.

EV owners know of some of the issues but they are either being solved, like the huge rollout of UK charging stations.

Residual values are just a market manifestation and have to be taken on the chin for those who have bought, 

Road tax for EVs in 2025 is a coming in for April 2025 but if it means that more money is spent on the roads, here is hoping, then I am OK with that.   

We will see what really happens as we are predicted to have a Labour government by 2025 so what actually happens may be different as to what is being planned at the moment.  

Terrible news for those car manufacturers who do not have EV portfolio.

Many of the world largest car companies set to disappear from the world's largest car market, and profit source, with massive effect on the their on-going viability.

Japanese car companies toast as well as most European and US HQ'd car makers. Japanese economy set to reset as it did before the lost decades with stock market crash over their debt of over twice their GDP and loss of earning from automotive due to not having an EV portfolio ......

• Like 1

It is important to know sometimes who is making the vids and writing articles and making statements.

Especially when they might be making inaccurate comments and stating things as fact when they might be anything but.

• Like 1

There are people that sell Guide Dogs for the Stupid.

Again i am not that keen to increase his viewing figures,  He is a vlogger, a journalist and he gets a story to tell by making it sound like he has been cheated. 

Maybe just drive a car because you need a car, and drive it normally and it will not eat tyres.

• Like 2

EVM was having a go at certain drama queue in this very sensible video 😂 

Where he drove a 22 kWh car without rapid charging capability 260 miles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He is partly my  inspiration for getting a MINI electric [with not a great range or size of battery because i am more chilled now about taking time when i go further and if i need to go on a 11 kW AC i will. 

The other day i easily got over 4 miles per kWh in the MINI demonstrator without hypermiling.  120 miles + potential. 

It was ideal conditions but i am OK at only getting 90 miles between charges when those that is the max i can get when really just out driving without really being in a hurry. 

If i need to be someplace further that would require charging & time is tight i will use an ICE vehicle.

Around 4 hours or so to get 28-29 kWh in with a 7- 7.4 kW AC charger.  so 0-100%

Less than 3 hours max with a 11 kW AC charger.  Simple maths really. 

Edited by toot
  • Like 1