Demister Flap Fan Motor Replacement

Hi, 

My superb has got stuck with air only coming out of the dash vents twice in the last few months - on all settings. This has resolved with resetting / recalibration of the flaps (holding auto and face vents for 30s or so). 

There is also a clicking noise when turning the demist setting off and on the demist flap output test on OBD11. 

I'm pretty sure this is a failing demist flap motor V107 (likely split casing) - the problem is I think this is dash out to replace on a RHD - which is beyond my skills and time available. 

Has anyone had the same problem? And does anyone have any idea how many hours labour for dash removal / replacement? Also wondering if any other maintenance would be great recommended while the dash is out eg the other HVAC motors? 

Thanks! 

Yeah it’s not exactly a straight forward job sadly.

Basically everything at the front of the car needs removing including steering wheel, centre console, sometimes the seats too!

There is also the possibility that it is not the motor and maybe the box has had an internal flap failure or one of the lever arms has broken or came detached.

I also may have some replacement motors if you were interested in buying one?

Also whilst I was there I’d be making sure to grease (with suitable grease) every moving part of that heater box, they have a tendency to make a noise a lot and get stuck in places 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Also whilst I was there I’d be making sure to grease (with suitable grease) every moving part of that heater box

Lubriplate 105 will do the job; it’ll never dry-out nor become sticky or hard. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/07/2023 at 06:33, ApertureS said:

Yeah it’s not exactly a straight forward job sadly.

Basically everything at the front of the car needs removing including steering wheel, centre console, sometimes the seats too!

There is also the possibility that it is not the motor and maybe the box has had an internal flap failure or one of the lever arms has broken or came detached.

I also may have some replacement motors if you were interested in buying one?

Also whilst I was there I’d be making sure to grease (with suitable grease) every moving part of that heater box, they have a tendency to make a noise a lot and get stuck in places 

Many thanks! I will have to persuade a garage at some point. 

I feel for you @Vidmor

I had creaking flaps on a Used Approved purchase late 2022. 

It was a full dash out job and cost a fair few ££££ I think.  All sorted 🤞but I now have a minor creak / rattle near the front passenger door.  I think from above the glovebox.  (intermittent and can cope with it)

Good luck getting it sorted.  

• Thanks 1