PETROL TANK STRAPS

Hi everyone

Car sailed through MOT (no advisories) yesterday, however the tester did comment on a lot of rust on the petrol tank straps. My EKTA parts catalogue has decided

to stop working. Soo can anyone help me with the part numbers please?. I know the 4 bolts are M8 x 25 Long, I plan to replace them with stainless ones.

Car .... 05' Mk1 Octavia VRS, 1.8 turbo AUQ Engine.

Thanks

Without the trim, left is 1J0 201 655 F and right is 1J0 201 656 E, with the trim left is 1J0 201 653 J 1J0 201 654 F. The OE bolts are N 019 530 8.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

I bought the straps from a main dealer £61.80 incl' VAT

After giving both straps couple of extra coats of black paint I fitted them today. I Had run fuel down so there was only 1/4 of a tank,

I supported front of tank with a block of wood with a rubber pad taped to it and it sitting on top of the trolly jack pad.

For the rear I wedged a piece of wood in between the tank and the rear cross beam, then fitted the O/S first then N/S, both fitted perfectly.

• Like 1