A Dingling Cable, What is it and where it is supposed to go???HELP!

And I was genuinely trying to protect them from a potentially lethal electric shock in a fault condition by following advice from someone who was point scoring from the point their incorrect guess was corrected.

Were we talking about 12vdc and not 240vac on a metal framed vehicle which may be standing on wet ground then I would have ignored your first sarcastic repost.

I should thank you guys. I have read some comments on swedish forums about those external heaters shorting and causing seirous damage to people, hospitalizing people. 

I will not plug the system until the mechanic grounds it, i can assure you of that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

And I was genuinely trying to protect them from a potentially lethal electric shock in a fault condition by following advice from someone who was point scoring from the point their incorrect guess was corrected.

Were we talking about 12vdc and not 240vac on a metal framed vehicle which may be standing on wet ground then I would have ignored your first sarcastic repost.

At no time have I advised anyone to do anything which could result in a potentially lethal electric shock.

I politely ask you to withdraw that remark.

My advice was to make sure that BerkCo knew for certain what the wire was before they bolted it to the vehicle frame. I am exceedingly happy that they did this, and can now confidently have the wire connected. Anyone reading this thread will see that.

My mistake was posting my thoughts as to whether such a vehicle ground was required for a mains connected engine block heater straying into your 240v territory for you to post a patronising explanation as to why it was required in your usual self righteous tone, rather than just explaining.

49 minutes ago, BerkCo said:

I should thank you guys. I have read some comments on swedish forums about those external heaters shorting and causing seirous damage to people, hospitalizing people. 

I will not plug the system until the mechanic grounds it, i can assure you of that. 

All the best, I’m glad it is sorted 😀.

Edited by classic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, classic said:

At no time have I advised anyone to do anything which could result in a potentially lethal electric shock.

I politely ask you to withdraw that remark.

Leaving a 240vac system unearthed by not reconnecting a disconnected ground wire through being influenced by someone who takes unkindly to their "guess" being corrected is exactly that.

Were the rest of your post and the others polite then I would consider your request.

1 hour ago, classic said:

you to post a patronising explanation as to why it was required in your usual self righteous tone, rather than just explaining.

You had already gone on the offensive/defensive with sarcastic comments, I was duty bound to explain in case the OP, anyone else reading this in future or indeed yourself put themselves in danger, I used your own (non sarcastic) words to make the explanation and said that you had explained it well.

I think we should leave this now, if you feel the need to have the last word then go ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BerkCo said:

20230810_082003.heic20230810_082003.heicHej Guys! 

I was at the dealership today and the technician grounded the cable. It was a ground cable for the block heater ( oil sump). Thanks for the help! 

20230810_082003.heic 1.29 MB · 2 downloads 20230810_082009.heic 1.64 MB · 1 download

In case anyone is having trouble viewing with this format, here are jpg images.

20230810_082003.jpg

20230810_082009.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1