New ‘Edition’ 2.0 TSI DSG 4x4

Hi everyone, picked up a nice 67 plate Edition 2.0 TSI DSG yesterday, in Quartz Grey with a great spec including Pano roof, DCC, Heated rear seats, Area view camera, Park Assist, ACC, Heated windscreen, Virtual Pedal, Interior Light Pack, Spare wheel, Memory seats (both) and more.

6 years old but 1 owner from new, full Skoda history and just serviced. Bought privately so I have a nice thick history file including all the invoices and the original bill of sale too 👍🏻

Pleased with it so far, it’s a nice place to be and the engine seems well suited to the car.

IMG_3570.jpeg

IMG_3569.jpeg

IMG_3578.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

If it’s in good condition and the price was right then you’ve got a nice car.

I’m on my third Kodiaq, but my first petrol in many years.  An SEL with several extras that make life behind the wheel more enjoyable, including DCC, VCC, VP, Hot Screen & Wheel. I’m not an ACC or sunroof fan. And I’d rather have Alcantara trim than the default 2023 crap leather-ish seats.

I’m also enjoying the 2.0 190 engine. Especially it’s quietness compared with the previous 2.0 diesels.

Fuel consumption acceptable as I don’t do mega miles.

IMG_3401.jpeg

IMG_3400.jpeg

13 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

Fuel consumption acceptable as I don’t do mega miles.

Is that 1670 since new? If so, I'd expect the consumption to continue getting a bit better...

Just got back from a week in Chamonix, and the vRS did 40mpg on the way there and back, but considerably less when we took a trip over the Grand St Bernard Pass 😉. I think the overall average since new is probably high 20s though, given most of my journeys are only a few miles.

5 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Is that 1670 since new? If so, I'd expect the consumption to continue getting a bit better...

Just got back from a week in Chamonix, and the vRS did 40mpg on the way there and back, but considerably less when we took a trip over the Grand St Bernard Pass 😉. I think the overall average since new is probably high 20s though, given most of my journeys are only a few miles.

40 mpg Quite good for the TSi vRS. Did you stick to the French speed limit or less? St.Bernard will definitely take a toll on the mpg.  How many miles since new?

Moved to from a TDi vRs to Tsi one....The in town mpg is abysmal, highways are just abt ok, nothing compared to the Tdi. Just done over 2800 kms now, hoping for it to get better. 

19 minutes ago, ThreeSixty said:

Did you stick to the French speed limit or less? St.Bernard will definitely take a toll on the mpg.  How many miles since new?

Yes, with most of the way there at 110kph - weather wasn't great. I've now done just shy of 15k miles in just under 22 months... but 2k miles of that was in the last 10 days!

22 minutes ago, ThreeSixty said:

The in town mpg is abysmal, highways are just abt ok, nothing compared to the Tdi

Indeed, but I don't (usually) do very many miles. I get through a tank of petrol a month at most. Anything on the motorway returns around 40mpg, but then I don't drive like an idiot. Still not sure why I bought the vRS in all honesty - it spends most of the time in 'Eco'. Call it a last hurrah before going electric, if you like.

Interesting comments about the mpg.  Suspect we will average low 30’s in the TSI.

Few more photos after full paint correction.  The more I look at it the more I love the proportions of the Kodiaq, and it’s relatively understated design and looks.   I think it will age well, unlike some of the SUV’s out there.

I have a flat bottomed steering wheel coming, as per the Sportline, with the DSG shift paddles, so will fit that later this week.

Also a glass screen protector for the Columbus unit.

IMG_3626.jpeg

IMG_3634.jpeg

IMG_3641.jpeg

Edited by daveb99
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

On 07/08/2023 at 10:41, Yogi-Bear said:

Why assume “from new”. Just some random reset.

I’ve seen 40mpg on the dash a few times.

This shot was after a boring day down to Goodwood in July. Cruising the M6 most of the day at a GPS 70mph.

My honest Brim Brim consumption over 4,600 miles is 33mpg.

Many of my miles are chauffeur-drive smooth, but I’m not shy in putting the foot down when the time comes.

IMG_2854.jpeg

• Like 1