Heated windscreen?

Hi

Im curious to findout / confirm if my car has a heated front windscreen? Is there any way to tell visually or mechanically?

I know they come with the winter pack (Heated seats, steering wheel and windscreen) but as my car is a VRS it has the heated seats as standard and also has a heated steering wheel fitted.

Any clues? or do I have to wait till winter to try it? :)

Thanks

I can tell you from the VIN. Visually if you look from the inside at an angle and focus on the glass itself you can just make out the very thin vertical wiggly lines a few mm apart running right across the screen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crasher said:

I can tell you from the VIN. Visually if you look from the inside at an angle and focus on the glass itself you can just make out the very thin vertical wiggly lines a few mm apart running right across the screen.

You won't see any lines on the Octavia. Skoda uses a laminated resistive foil, no wires in there.

Visually from outside you will notice a green or purplish tint depending on the direction you're looking from.

Edited by Jorgeminator
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, toot said:

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 07.17.38.png

Looks like I don't have that option in the Clima menu. Wierd, didn't realise you could option the heated steering wheel on its own.

Thanks for your help :)

I have the winter pack and the easiest way to visually tell imo is that the next time you're parked next to somebody in a car park, stand a few steps away at an angle and compare the tint of your car and the cars next to its windscreen. The heated one will be noticeably more orange/copper/reflective than a standard windscreen. 

I've not been hugely impressed with the performance of this version of a heated windscreen though, my brother in law has a volvo with the thin wires and it performs much better and faster. I've got a Cupra Formentor on order to replace the Skoda and I've not bothered with the screen this time.

It's bizarre the only way to activate it is seemingly the button hidden away in the climate menu, pressing the heated steering wheel button and/or the rear window heating should activate it as well but is that too obvious? 

• Like 1

The easiest way is to look for the area that doesn't have the heating - positioned left/right to the mirror.
Read the other/older topic. IF ONLY people would try a "search" before opening a new topic - it would be much easier to look for the information one needs....

IF ONLY people read the “whole” thread before berating others :devil:

On 06/08/2023 at 08:59, MrOlympic said:

Thanks.

I did do a search first before creating another topic but I searched windscreen instead of screen 🤷🏻‍♂️

Regardless, thank you for clearing it up for me, that post was informative. 

• Like 2