help needed **URGENT**

I just about managed to push mine in when I changed the pads on the front, bloody hard work. Assuming you've got the brakes completly of the car, bar the brake line of course, then you should be able to remove the old pads and get something through the front to ease the piston back. If it can wait until tommorow I would get the special tool to be honest. There are alan bolts at the back holding the caliper on, assuming it's the rears you're doing.

if yourdoing the rears then you MUST have a caliper wind back tool this turns the piston as well as pushing it back if not you will damage the ratchet mech on the handbrake.

i have the fluid cap off, i have the old pads out, i have undone the nut on the brake cable and i have undone the small allen screw at the back but that doesn't want to come off. I am doing a long trip tomorrow morning so it has to be done tonight.

This piston is absolutly solid.. someone please tell me where i am going wrong!! special tool aside this must be possible..

Cheers for you help guys! i shouldn't have really jumped in at the deep end without looking into it first..

The piston on my girlfriends old rover had a massive posi drive end on it so it could be done using a chisel or similar. Should have known the VAG would make it difficult :P