Clunking Drivers Electric window on closing

grumpsofwhyteleafe

My car is a Karoq 2020.

I bought the car a year old .

Nov 2022 the drivers side electric window started making a loud clunk on closing.

It went into local dealer and the regulator mechanism was replaced. 

6 months later june 2022 the closing is noisy again (also the drivers multi switch has a mind of its own, works then not ), not so loud but a new issue has occurred , once the window is fully closed and the window switch is pulled up (confirming it is fully closed) there is a loud clonk.

This clonk does not happen every time (see and listen to video)

The car went back to the dealer , multi switch replaced, but they could not replicate the clon,k but agree the closing noise is not correct.

They have raised the matter with "Technical" at head office and I am awaiting their next move.

The car is still under warranty and there appears to be a reluctance on the dealers part to investigate further without advice from head office.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

• 3 weeks later...

Two visits back to my local skoda dealer and issue still exists.

I am getting very frustrated with delays and raised it with their management.

From what i see, because the work will be carried out under warranty the dealership will not

carry out any more work unless it is pre-authorised by head office!! Which just adds delays and wasted trips to my local dealer!

Any suggestions would be appreciated

39 minutes ago, grumpsofwhyteleafe said:

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Live with it?

I would put up with far worse noises than that to avoid ever being jerked around by a selling garage.

I had/have similar with our Superb 3 from new. Also a loud click/bang when drivers window is winding down after an inch or so from fully closed.

The electric windows in the Superb in general sound as if they are struggling inder excessive load. Similar issues with folding mirrors, the drivers side occasionally juddering while it folds/unfolds.

Basically gives the impression of a cheap and nasty setup/components not the silent smooth operation that other cars all seem to have

I found that rubbing silicone spray into the bottom rubber/felt seals (window wound right down to expose) and the side/top guides too eased up the window operation, sounds less strained  and a bit smoother. But suspect only its only a temporary fix.

So I think the reason is everything is assembled too tight or the seals/guides are not flexible enough that strain the window motors and mechanics.

Couldn't fix the mirrors from juddering though. Internal gearing issue.

Not bothered with dealer as no doubt they would say no fault found.

Thanks Tom,

I have emailed Skoda Customer Service (original Skoda Warranty as car is not 3 years old yet - Nov 2023)

no response from them yet! 

The issue has been flagged to "Skoda Technical by dealer", but they take about 2 weeks to reply.

Dealer Service Manager is on holiday for two weeks, will wait a few days, if nothing heard I will contact The JCB Euro Skoda Group Director.

It is so frustrating and time consuming.... seems Skoda UK don't like paying out on warranties!!

I bet if I offered the dealer to pay for further investigations, the car would get booked in tomorrow!!

• 1 month later...

Finally issue has been resolved by local dealer!!

The window motor and regulator had become misaligned and causing the window to close incorrectly!!

It took the garage 4 days to resolve, service manager decided to go ahead with repair even though skoda "Technical"

had not authorised the work.

On the plus side I has a Cupra Formentor Z2 as a courtesy car , 310 BHP and 4 wheel drive, 0-60 4.2 secs.

It was awesome!!

• Like 1

On 28/09/2023 at 12:03, grumpsofwhyteleafe said:

Finally issue has been resolved by local dealer!!

The window motor and regulator had become misaligned and causing the window to close incorrectly!!

It took the garage 4 days to resolve, service manager decided to go ahead with repair even though skoda "Technical"

had not authorised the work.

On the plus side I has a Cupra Formentor Z2 as a courtesy car , 310 BHP and 4 wheel drive, 0-60 4.2 secs.

It was awesome!!

Barsteward. I normally get a 900cc VW Up or some such pocket rocket.

I see from your OP that you said "also the drivers multi switch has a mind of its own, works then not" and that you had it replaced.

Did that solve the switch problem?

I have a 2019 Karoq with the same problem. I'll open any window via the drivers multi switch and very intermittently I can't close anything.

If I reach across to the passenger switch I can then close the passenger window. Sometime the easiest way to close all windows is via the key fob when locking the car. That always works.

I suspect it is the drivers door multi switch but it is so intermittent that it hasn't bothered me too much. I'll look into a new one if it solves the problem, but of course way out of warranty.

Edited by tfspark