My 2023 MINI Cooper S Level 3 Electric leased from Motability and it will be with me for 3 years & used as a 2 seater.

Ootohere

2 hours ago, toot said:

@lol-lolit is officially 181 bhp / 184 ps, max torque of 270 Nm and that often gets mis-quoted as does 0-60 & 0-62 mph get mixed up or lost in the quotes. It is amazing how long that extra 2 mph can take.

I will get it on a dyno at some point.

The Corsa was better than the 136 ps / 260 Nm officially given or the the mixed up 0-60 or 0-62 mph (100 km)

It was more like the figures given when motoring journalists first got to drive them, and then when they were on sale the scores on the doors changed.

I will see how the MINI is with different tyres on, AC off and the battery hot as i had just gone 1 miles with it from home.

The real difference is how the MINI goes down a road with bends and gets around corners and out of them without dramas and jumping across the road like the Corsa did, and humps (jumps) in the Corsa could have it landing with a crash. (crashing.)

Never seen this one before. 2 years ago vid.   (the new e-208 has more power now as do the new Corsa electric and a bit more usable kWh.)

Fair result on the Zoe, I will take the 9 seconds to 60 mph, the top speed I suspect is wrong as they probably did not have enough room as 82 mph/ 132 kph is low as 140 kph, 87 mph is what is quoted.  I seen 90 mph and I will set it up with GPS speed measurement.  Zoe is the range king, or should that be queen and carrying around that big battery has its penalties but I am happy with it overall.  Wait out my remaining two years and then the Renault 5 should be in full swing to go along with a TESLA Highland 3.  

image.thumb.png.87bfdb2807bb22c3a97c595df00349b5.png

• Like 2

Knew there was a video with real top speed and range at flet out on the Zoe, Mr Battery Life over in Germany, near the Austrian border.

He ran the ZE50 Zoe at top speed all he could ie 145 kph indicated, 144 kph actual which is 88 mph thereabouts and did over 200 kms, ie 125 miles at these speeds, baulked a couple of times by slow lorries, slow cars VW Golf driving miss Daisy etc.  Bahh to 133 kph above.  Will do about 155-160 kph before it complains motor is overspeeding, fast enough.

Edited by lol-lol
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, toot said:

All seasons going on in the morning before i head off tomorrow so i will see if any adverse affect on range.

Which all-season are you going with? 

For Leaf, I need to start shopping for tyres soon, finally all 4 are wearing out at same time, so thinking of going all season as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toot said:

I never went with the EV version & just bought the Vredestein Quatrac Pro.  (I have had them before.)

Decided again Michelin CrossClimate 2 even though they were available for much cheapness. 

What feature" choose the Vredestein over the Michelin CC2 then ?  It was going to be my natural choice using National Tyres 15% off for 4 tyres and may mostly in 2024 sounded a good deal.  

@lol-lolI get good discounts on Michelin or Vredetsein. The Vredesrein are better on snow than reviews indicate & the sidewalls are better than the Michelins of which i have wrecked a few.

First Snow tyres i ever had new when they first came out in the UK after years of Sterling Winter Remoulds used were fitted to an automatic Mini & then i had them on a Fiat Strada 75 auto that was unstoppable. Then on various FWD auto,s over the years.

It is 205/45 R 17 W 88 XL tyres as i have had the past 3 years but then had that on the Fabia or 215/40 R 17,s sometimes.

I have Michelin CrossClimate SUV,s on my Shogun and they really are poor in snow.

They are wide at 265 & that is from coming down from 285 wide which is the standard size.

Edited by toot
  • Thanks 1

The tyres got a good few miles today to get the newness off them and then a good try out tonight in torrential rain in Aberdeen on roundabouts and then up the A90 on roads that were flooding.

They are good, and plenty rim protection, no really affect on the efficiency / range.

Aberdeen Council rapids as pathetic as usual.

The one at the Dry Ski Slope out of service and another single one i tried in a car park.

Had to use a PodPoint 7 kW until i got on the Rapid then later an InstaVolt and a Bannantyne Health Club & Spa.  Thank goodness for the reliable but expensive chargers.

DSCN3362.JPG

DSCN3369.JPG

DSCN3377.JPG

DSCN3379.JPG

DSCN3372.JPG

DSCN3384.JPG

Edited by toot
  • Like 4

Motability have been great.

BP Pulse just hopeless.

I was / am to get 3 year BP Pulse subscription.

Confirmed before i got the car.  BP Pulse would be in touch.

Well they were not so i was with Motability who were to prompt BP Pulse and said also contact them.  

Repeat that 3 times, and me 3 times emailing BP Pulse saying please help. and one reply saying 'Esculated' you will get an Authorisation code,

this is how to activate it,.

No issue you have an Account, that can be upgraded,   Radio silence, no activating code.

Today this from Motability. Different thing, lets see how this goes.

Last ZapMap pilot i was asked to participate in i could not participate because i had an Account, could not use same e-mail or password, already a member etc etc. 

DSCN3395.JPG

• Like 2

That was a bit WTF. Read the instructions.  Used me phone to scan the thing on the letter and that linked me to 3 different kinds of things nothing to so with this card / scheme.  So just googled the App and linked used the Contract number, the card number and then added payment account.       I am at a NHS parking hub with a CPS charger that quite often never works.  This one is free charging.   Used the new card and it started first time.  When I am at a CPS charger next that has a tariff I will try it. The thing is with a CPS card sometime errors means free charges because the system fails.   Hand anyway and I will see how it goes and maybe more offers or reduced tariffs will come with this system for those with Motability lease cars and no home chargers.  

PS

Tried logging into the App to get the charging details.  Wrong e-mail or password.

Tried 'forgot password',  not a valid e-mail address.

Called Motability, working a bank holiday weekend. 

Told him about BP Pulse, no more they can do.

Told him about the new card fiasco, pilot scheme. I know a little about computers and phones and EV,s.

There is a dedicated team and they will call maybe on Tuesday.   I did say it is a pilot scheme one might well could expect snagging issues,

So why make it so complicated for people, and why accept BP Pulse as being useless and with no excuses about snagging as they have messed up for many a year.

Edited by toot

The MINI sat nav is truly crap. Just trying it to take me to places near home or place I go all the time even just asking it to take me a mile to Tesco or the Library or the hospital it can direct in totally the wrong direction.   As for finding EV chargers absolutely no use asking in the car or on the phone app which is all about Partners and MINI compatible.    The Sat Nav does seem to think I am speaking in German and is offering me lots of option in Germany.    I had a pal I used to go drinking with and when the night went on there were often girls would ask me where he was from because they thought he was a foreign sailor off a ship that was in Dundee.  

2 hours ago, toot said:

The MINI sat nav is truly crap. Just trying it to take me to places near home or place I go all the time even just asking it to take me a mile to Tesco or the Library or the hospital it can direct in totally the wrong direction.   As for finding EV chargers absolutely no use asking in the car or on the phone app which is all about Partners and MINI compatible.    The Sat Nav does seem to think I am speaking in German and is offering me lots of option in Germany.    I had a pal I used to go drinking with and when the night went on there were often girls would ask me where he was from because they thought he was a foreign sailor off a ship that was in Dundee.  

Similar to when getting the poverty spec of the Arkana I got, no sat nav but then I have always viewed car makers own sat nav as always crap from what I have seen so more than happy to use Android Auto as it is so much better in every way.  Zoe has Google maps all built in and of course over the air updates to it plus all the data on if a charge point is being used.  I almost do not know why manufacturers continue to bother.  Oddly the recently acquired Clio ETECH uses Tom Tom for the mapping and I heard uses Google for the local info, never heard that mix before.

Had a play the part several times for it to sink in, (3:40 in to vid below) it has Tom Tom mapping but Google "local" as well, fuel prices etc, where did such a deal get done.?

Must admit use the typed word rather than speech on the Clio, use verbal on the Zoe into Google Maps though I think it struggles with the West Country accent.  I think these systems only work properly with BBC spoken english.

• Thanks 1

@lol-lolIt is not often i need Sat Nav as mostly i go where i know or have been before, but there are times that i do want help.

The Corsa was just crap not just the cars / Google maps which i did not use after seeing how bad it was and i would just use WAZE.

The issue was that if my Android phone was plugged in charging then Google Maps wanted to be the boss.

I would have WAZE doing its thing, taking me someplace and then the CAR would be running some crap route over the top of it.

The car would be showing the wrong location and the wrong route and that meant unplugging the phone and just going with WAZE.

Usually if anyone was in the car i would just have them get direction up on their iPhone.

The MINI has a wireless charger in the armrest, but only the iPhone 8 or X fit in there. 

I use Sony Xperia phones and like them as on my 3rd one & am not getting an iPhone.

PS

No idea with ABRP just trying it a few times.

Maybe works for those familiar with it, or that bother getting the hang of it, but that is not me.

Edited by toot

Despite having bought countless iphones for the kids I am very happy with Android and Samsung and too old to change to iphone OS and there phones, as phones, seem to be poor and now Samsung, with the S23, just about has the best phone camera on the market, though I prefer to use a Sony Camcorder with strong optical zoom that use the phone camera.  I like Samsung so much I bought a £25K Samsung car ie the XM3, aka Renault Arkana, not the XM 3 the Citreon XM with the 3 litre engine.......

280px-1989_Citroen_XM_Nuccio_Bertone.jpg  

Real time fast up dating is important for me as I regularly go across one of the Severn Bridges.  If it is closed and I have 60 mile detour to do.  If I know about it then I can detour early and only lose a few minutes.  We need to get to the stage where when roads become impassable, like below, we do not plough in to and lose lives....

Motability Customer Services got me sorted out with my new 'Motability GoCharge' Card and App / Account.

I had missed a letter out of my e-Mail that i registered.  I am signing in just now using it until their Technical sorts it out.  Odd but let me check things out.

It has a fantastic map of chargers, Charge Place Scotland and others, and the list is quick to run through showing the closest chargers, available or not.

It is a case of one card to tap at the Partner Charging Providers and then the spend goes on to the account to be paid later. 

The App is showing the charger information, charging speed, kWh taken, cost etc in real time.

Time will tell how it goes but the Customer Services Lady tells me there are 3,500 with cards registered and quite a few in Scotland using it without issue.

She also had BP Pulse send me the Authorisation Code for the subscription and i opted for a card from them.

I have an Account already so now a Subscribed member & the monthly credit will be added to my Credit on my account.

Larry.

DSCN3414.JPG

DSCN3415.JPG

DSCN3416.JPG

DSCN3417.JPG

Edited by toot
  • Like 2

Very very very strange but i am not complaining.

I was mumping that at a Tesco 7kW charger i used for 3 years there was no longer 15 minutes charging without 'Confirming the charge' and paying.

44 pence a kWh.

Well the MINI plugged in stopped charging before 10 minutes, and 5 minutes even.

The thing is that it is taking in 2 kWh in 4 minutes or 5 minutes. 

Un-plug and plug in again another 2 kW, repeat and another.   So what was 60 minutes to get less than 6 kW in other cars is taking me 15 minutes.

6 kWh x 4 miles a kWh is 24 miles for just a bit of effort and i am doing nothing anyway.   It is 2 kWh a time not just 2%. 

DSCN3418.JPG

DSCN3419.JPG

DSCN3420.JPG

DSCN3421.JPG

Edited by toot

Picture heavy.

A run to Braemar from home in ideal conditions just to see and then compare for when weather is 10*c lower and then down another 10*c.

Then i will need to go a different route and charge in 20 miles and then do the next 34.5 miles to be sure to have enough range & incase i need a 7 kW charger or even a 3 pin charge.

DSCN3422.JPG

DSCN3430.JPG

DSCN3433.JPG

DSCN3439.JPG

DSCN3441.JPG

DSCN3447.JPG

DSCN3449.JPG

DSCN3466.JPG

DSCN3464.JPG

DSCN3465.JPG

DSCN3473.JPG

DSCN3471.JPG

DSCN3469.JPG

DSCN3463.JPG

DSCN3449.JPG

DSCN3476.JPG

DSCN3478.JPG

DSCN3482.JPG

DSCN3483.JPG

DSCN3491.JPG

DSCN3496.JPG

Edited by toot

1,320 miles covered since getting new on the 10th August and 314 kWh of charging showing since i got it with a full battery and it is charged to 99% now.

That is about 4.2 miles a kWh i have been getting then. 

Total spend on charging.

£39.16 on my Charge Place Scotland account at tariffs of 35 pence, 42 or 47 pence, 

lots of free charging at some and at PodPoint.

£20 paid at Podpoints @ 66 pence a kWh or Instavolt @ 75 pence a kWh.

Edited by toot

1,320 miles for £59.16

I forgot £8.00 on my house electric.

£67.16 total charging cost.

6,716 pence divided by 1,320 = 5.08 pence a mile.

Car costs £71 a week to lease.

Advance payment was £1,000 because it was in the showroom and specced for that.

Motability paid me £750 to order a new car and £250 good condition payment. Last year they paid in advance £350 good condition payment.

Past 5 months CPS account.

£60 paid that was used, sometimes charging does not register and get billed or show as used

& this unbilled outstanding but some of that £39.16 will be actually free charging & not due.

Screenshot 2023-09-01 13.11.54.jpg

Plenty Cable length & Dundee charging hub.  No toilets though.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 11.00.03.png

DSCN3535.JPG.9af76b803fda1701adc289bc3514693a (1).jpeg

DSCN3517.JPG.3ef475feda832c25802266a12ebb804f (1).jpeg

DSCN3536.JPG.dee7d599d29c13f990717a86d994eb71 (1).jpeg

Edited by toot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a motor in a crate to replace an engine.

I will not bother pulling it off as that usually results in going, wish i had not done that and going to get rubber bungs from a dealership.

(I watched the dude in Norway.

i at least learned from driving BMW,s that you pull the bonnet lever twice to open the bonnet.)

Strange as he must have driven BMW,s.

There will be no frunk in the new MINI,s.  You can not put 2 pints in a 1 pint container.

^^^^ Bright guy, maybe brilliant.  But take the rear floor in the boot, you have choices, you can even take that floor out and the other bit below that that covers the tool storage area. 

Thank goodness the design was not left to him.

You might even take 2 passengers 2 an airport with luggage with the floor and parcel self removed and one seat back dropped.

Head for thinking and feet for dancing, and use your brain before moving your mouth maybe.

The Fuel Filler Hatch & Charger port is where it is because the car / body is for a Petrol Engine.

They used the same quarter panel and put a different flap on.

Perfect position on a Right Hand Drive car.   Maybe not for the Left Hand drive, but such is life / design.

Done to a price point for 'Much Cheapness' with them in the US of A.

Edited by toot
  • Thanks 1