1896 restarting and the upgrade

Had car 3 weeks, got sick of the software crashing and errors when it reboots. 

Booked in at dealers tomorrow, looking for at least 1941 upgrade which I hope will sort everything out. 

Apart from that, does the upgrade have any extras in it, icons, settings etc. 

You should "in theory" get at least 2 updates directly afterwards, I did the other day when I accidentally tweaked a security setting and nothing would connect, so I did a factory reset on it.

I got 1 which put the manual and basics back in and a second which has apparently improved the look of the HMI which I take it means human machine interface.

Didn't seem any better or different to me. 🤷

• Like 1

Update done, 1941, no restarting as yet, only update seen so far was for manuals, others must be to follow. 

Definitely quicker to load, more responsive, huawei p30 pro connects OK thru cable but still not WiFi, on WiFi maps work but Amazon music does not load, may have to change phones. 🤔

13 hours ago, Genesis32 said:

Update done, 1941, no restarting as yet, only update seen so far was for manuals, others must be to follow. 

Definitely quicker to load, more responsive, huawei p30 pro connects OK thru cable but still not WiFi, on WiFi maps work but Amazon music does not load, may have to change phones. 🤔

You have turned the Bluetooth at the same time? 

Bluetooth is on yes Update done, 1941, no restarting as yet, only update seen so far was for manuals, others must be to follow. 

27 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

You have turned the Bluetooth at the same time? 

Bluetooth is on yes 

Maybe time for a new phone then. My S22 Ultra works reasonably well with it, although I prefer to pull over and stop to hold any call. Not that happens much now as I've retired so no work related calls anymore 🙂

Hint: If you can afford to buy it off contract and SIM free, because buying it from a network ties you to it and as such is a hire purchase agreement, of you can find a 0% credit card or suchlike and then get a PAC code transfer your existing mobile number to a 30 day rolling contact or annual contract (whichever suits your needs best).

Somehow I got a 100Gb upgrade, so I've got 200Gb from EE for £22 pcm (I think because of a BT account).

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 1

Hi, does it download the update automatically or do you have to manually confirm you want to update? I got an update pop up when I was driving but it wouldn't let me confirm while I was driving and now can't find an update pending.

15 minutes ago, Vance1 said:

Hi, does it download the update automatically or do you have to manually confirm you want to update? I got an update pop up when I was driving but it wouldn't let me confirm while I was driving and now can't find an update pending.

You have to be stationary to confirm. 

26 minutes ago, Vance1 said:

Thanks, I thought so, but I can't find the update to confirm now, is it in the menu somewhere?

It may be in the menu where software version is and then there is updates submenu. Or just wait next time you drive it will pop up again. 

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Notifications drop down menu at the top of the screen (if it's available)

Easier to bring up the notifications by just touching the area where the white globe and privacy icon is. I find the dragging/sliding dynamics of the MIB3 to be horribly inaccurate at times.

Edited by Jorgeminator
  • Like 2

If there's nothing in the notifications menu then there's no update, but if you want it and feel confident enough to update your system manually then pay a visit to:

ask for the update and follow my guide on how to do it

Thanks for the info but I'm not confident enough with tech to do it, I'm on 1900 software so  I think I'll have to phone the dealer and try to get them to update it

Skoda dealers are fully aware of it, so should do it FOC if the car is under warranty and it shouldn't take hours either, it should take about 45m or so, if you do it yourself it'll take about 15-20m to do.

Albeit it won't have any manuals on it for a while, which it will receive via an OTA update, plus one or two others usually.

• Like 1