Front Assist and ACC Error Octavia VRS IV

VRS22

Hi Everyone, 

I’m hoping someone else has experienced a problem I haven't with my VRS IV.

When turning on the ignition and starting the vehicle 99% of the time I get Manoeuvre braking currently unavailable and also Front Assist Availability Limited.

The error is persistent, however occasionally the error clears briefly. Then the errors pings over and over again.

I took the vehicle to a Dealer and all they did was clear the error codes and sent me on my way.

This problem is driving me insane.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 21.04.38.png

Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 21.04.30.png

My 2021 1.5 SEL has a similar problem. Like you, I have the "Manoeuvre Braking" warning but I have a "Park Assist Unavailable" warning, as opposed to Front Assist. In my case this only happens first thing in the morning. If I knock the car off and restart there's no sign of any warnings and if I start the car later in the day neither appears. Dealer said that the Parking Sensor Module needed replacing so they did the job last week under warranty and guess what. That's right; it hasn't cured it!!!

Edited by Tried5UserNames

Hey. Thanks for replying. It’s a great help. I’ve had the “park assist” error also. However less frequently. Turning the car ignition on and off doesn’t help remove the error in my case. From your comment I now believe I may have two issues, I thought the errors were related.

it’s going back to the dealer next week. Sincerely hope it’s resolved or at the very least they are able to identify the cause. 

I’ve had the same “park assistant/ front assist” errors for over 18 months now. I’ve been in and out of the dealership for this error at least 3 times to no avail. I am booked in next Monday for them to look at it again… 

I will be asking them to update my car to SW1941 as this seems to fix a lot of issues others have been experiencing with their Octavias. I’m hoping that it might fix this problem as well. 
If I find out any more information on Monday I’ll let you guys know. 

cheers, Julius 

Hi Julius, 

Thanks for the reply. What software version is your Infotainment System on? Would it be on 1896 by any chance?

I would be grateful if you could let us know if there’s any change once you have your Infotainment System updated to

Just now, VRS22 said:

Hi Julius, 

Thanks for the reply. What software version is your Infotainment System on? Would it be on 1896 by any chance?

I would be grateful if you could let us know if there’s any change once you have your Infotainment System updated to

Hi mate, 

Yes, sorry I should have said I’m on 1896. The car was updated once last year to supposedly “fix” the errors I was having but obviously didn’t. And I lost voice control functionality in the process… 

Also I’m in Australia not sure if that makes a difference? I think we basically get UK spec cars minus the SOS and mobile network functionality. 
I will let you know what the dealer says Monday. Probably more BS… 

,Julius 

Thank Julius, 

My Vehicle is also going back to the dealer on Monday, I’ll report back also. I was intending to ask for 1941 update too.

We’ll see it solves the issues we have.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FillNill said:

Hi mate, 

Yes, sorry I should have said I’m on 1896. The car was updated once last year to supposedly “fix” the errors I was having but obviously didn’t. And I lost voice control functionality in the process… 

Also I’m in Australia not sure if that makes a difference? I think we basically get UK spec cars minus the SOS and mobile network functionality. 
I will let you know what the dealer says Monday. Probably more BS… 

,Julius 

Many of us had this with 1896 after some OTA updates buggered it up. Firmware 1941 is the fix. See other v long thread ‘info constantly restarting’

Ask for the 1941 upgrade file in the infotainment thread here and follow the guide that I put up and do it yourself, the usual caveats apply.

You do it at your own risk, but it's quite easy to do, just make sure that you turn off ALL non essential things (Air Con/Headlights etc) and battery is fully charged and generally good condition before you start.

I’ve been following the infotainment restart thread for a while, but came to the conclusion my issue wasn’t related because there was no one else from what I have read with the front assist availability limited issue and acc not working. But I think it’s worth a go. Nothing to lose. If upgrading to 1941 doesn’t fix the issue. I think I’ll move the car on if I can with this fault. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Markeknows said:

Many of us had this with 1896 after some OTA updates buggered it up. Firmware 1941 is the fix. See other v long thread ‘info constantly restarting’

We don’t get OTA updates in Australia so if I want to get any updates I have to unfortunately go though the dealership. I personally haven’t experienced the infotainment system restarts that others have posted about. I’m not sure if it’s related to the issues I’m having but I’ll try too get them to update me to the latest software version regardless. 
I’ll see what they say next week. 

Just thought I’d update this thread for anyone following this topic. Car went to the dealership today. The 2nd dealership to investigate the issue with my vehicle. Well the issue still isn’t resolved and they have know idea what is causing it either. They are speculating it maybe down to a control unit.  They’ve submitted some sort of tech support request into Skoda. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. 
My car also when into the workshop yesterday to look at these issues and hopefully get updated to SW1941.
They called me late yesterday afternoon to let me know the car was still updating and apparently it was a “very large update” with over 8 hours remaining. So they would need the car overnight to complete the update. 
I will let you all know later today when I hear back on whether they updated it and what the can do about the constant errors… 

8hrs for an update?😧

What 🤬 are they updating?

With a decent internet connection it takes a matter of minutes to download the 9Gb file (it was about 15 minutes or so for my connection), and another 15 minutes or so to format, extract and transfer the update to a USB stick and about 20 to do the 1941 transfer and update and completion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I finally got the car back Tuesday afternoon… 

Thankfully it has been updated to 1941 like I asked. 

I’m not sure why it took so long but the service representative said they had to do 2 additional updates. I think maybe because we don’t get OTA updates here in Australia they have to load those updates locally at the dealership instead. But I’m only guessing. 

I am hopeful that the new software will solve all these constant error messages but I will keep you all posted if/ when more eventually show up…

Cheers, Julius 

• Like 1

I too am in Australia and for several months was experiencing these warnings on nearly every start - accompanied my loud bonging sounds.

At my 2 year service in June they performed updates under warranty which are listed in my invoice as "91CV MIB Software Update" and "48S5 camera control unit".

My version was at 1896 before and did not change with this service.

The problems have not recurred since.

After two years I can finally say that there are no issues outstanding. It is easy to forget how many annoying issues existed since delivery and took ages to get fixed.

I really enjoy this car now.

• Like 2

Hi Dave. 

Thanks for sharing that information. This really helps. Can I ask a couple of questions. Did ACC occasionally worked for you or not at all? Also did front assist flash on and off repeatedly some times. 

53 minutes ago, VRS22 said:

Hi Dave. 

Thanks for sharing that information. This really helps. Can I ask a couple of questions. Did ACC occasionally worked for you or not at all? Also did front assist flash on and off repeatedly some times. 

My ACC has always worked. As far as I can see these warnings (actually it was "“Travel Assist unavailable” and “Emergency Assist unavailable” and sometimes "Rear Traffic Assist not available") did not relate to any noticeable loss of functionality.  Perhaps the safety feature would not have kicked in but the ACC, which I use every day, worked just fine.

As I recall the messages would come up  in a box on starting the engine, accompanied by the "bong" sounds, but would clear very quickly. After that I was left with yellow warning icons in the virtual cockpit. Then the whole thing would often recur after a few minutes. I also had a feeling that it was associated with colder weather, i.e. morning temperatures below 10 degrees C. (We never go below zero here, so not what Europeans would call cold).

Your description of your problem is almost identical to my issue. However ACC doesn’t work for me. I get the bong sound the two warning messages pictured and the warning triangle. With a lack of ACC function. On occasions the error will clear, ACC works for a short while, then the error returns. Sometimes I get the error and bong over and over again. It’s very annoying.