Broken tail light 2013 VRS

Hi, just after some advice. One of my neighbours kids has ridden his bike into the back of my car and broken the passenger side tail light. She's good for covering the cost of sorting it, but I don't want to stiff her for the cost of a main dealer fix given the car is 10 years old.

I *think* (and happy to be corrected) that the part number is 5E9945111A, and searching the net, there seem to be a bunch of manufacturers for this part.

Would these parts all be the same quality - they vary from £150 (for brands I've not heard of) to £300 for Hella

I'll probably get a local independent garage to fit. Would I be just better off taking the car there and letting them do the whole thing, or should I source a part that I can ensure the quality of?

They are designed to come out very easily so you can replace the bulbs. It should all covered in the owners manual.

I'd probably remove the damaged one to check the part number and source a good quality used one, as you might find a brand new one looks odd compared to the original one on the other side.

Whilst it's off, check the indicator bulbs as the yellow can flake off with age 👍

• Like 2

Cheapest noname parts are usually of really low quality.

Why don’t you just buy a used genuine Skoda part? I would.

And it should be even cheaper than new noname part and definitelly of much, much better quality and durability.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 4