Matrix LED headlight modes and dash symbols

• Sponsor
40 minutes ago, MP1983 said:

@vrsalan is there an option in VCDS to make Lane assist OFF by default and to be ON only by driver instruction (the opposite of what it is now)? Its definitely the most useless and annoying system on the car.

Yes it's possible. The lane assist off message can be disabled too 

If you change it to adaptive lane guidance instead of lane keeping assist, it's much more useful and less annoying 

• Like 1

BTW - these lights have 12 leds, I wouldn`t call that matrix but its VAG. In another thread there was a discussion about those and the small number of diodes do not produce the effect even close to a proper matrix light (I gave as an example an Insignia there which had superior lights, by miles). For me, the dark spot these create is way too big and also get flashed here and there, although rarer.

• Sponsor

VWAG invented Matrix headlights and Audi were first to install it on the A8, so I guess it's upto them what they do/don't class as matrix 

It's worth considering with Audi there is matrix, and matrix HD. Hopefully in time this will move down to the other brands. There's a considerable difference between the two

If you're being flashed, something isn't right. It's not related to the number of LEDs either - the alignment may be out, your windscreen may be dirty dirty or your headlight lenses may also be dirty and scattering light 

6 hours ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

VWAG invented Matrix headlights and Audi were first to install it on the A8, so I guess it's upto them what they do/don't class as matrix 

Sorry, but its Hella, not VAG.

On 23/09/2023 at 21:01, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

Yes it's possible. The lane assist off message can be disabled too 

If you change it to adaptive lane guidance instead of lane keeping assist, it's much more useful and less annoying 

How do you do that?

On 23/09/2023 at 20:21, MP1983 said:

@vrsalan is there an option in VCDS to make Lane assist OFF by default and to be ON only by driver instruction (the opposite of what it is now)? Its definitely the most useless and annoying system on the car.

Yes, there is. Controller A5, security code 20103, coding, set byte 8 to 0x80. Use the coding assistant, it should make it clear what the options are. And, as ever, copy the current coding first, do this at your own risk etc 🙂

See also https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/38968/

I don't know about the difference between adaptive lane guidance and lane keeping assist, or how to switch between them though.

Edited by vrsalan

• Sponsor
5 hours ago, vrsalan said:

Yes, there is. Controller A5, security code 20103, coding, set byte 8 to 0x80. Use the coding assistant, it should make it clear what the options are. And, as ever, copy the current coding first, do this at your own risk etc 🙂

See also https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/38968/

I don't know about the difference between adaptive lane guidance and lane keeping assist, or how to switch between them though.

Lane keeping assist bounces between the lines. Adaptive lane guidance keeps you in  the middle

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, johnrowley said:

Back to Matrix Headlight behaviour, Under the Individual settings in the setup you can specify the way they behave, sport and normal IIRC. what differences does this setting make?

It reacts faster, not the matrix high beam, but when turning the steering wheel light moves faster. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...