Digital Skoda Service Records

I am surprised to learn that there is no online Service History for Skoda through the MySkoda App. There is paid access (£8 for 1 hour) to the erWin web-portal to view records by VIN. Has anyone used this?

Is there any other way for Skoda owners to look at their own digital service records without paying?

Thank you for any responses. 

Yes, one can check his own service digital record for free.
I can't see how to do that on the MySkoda App (mobile version), but it works with the web-based Skoda-Connect interface. Once you login to your account, go to the car's Dashboard where you can see car status (locked/unlocked), mileage etc. and you'll also see a section called "Digital Certificate". Click on that and you'll get the option of generating a new Certificate and also to have a look at the existing Certificates. I have two in my list: one generated soon after I got the car (and found out I had this option), and the second one after the dealership visit this summer for the 1941 SW update (as shown by the first attached screenshot).

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 14.09.53.png

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 14.12.13.png

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Yes, one can check his own service digital record for free.
I can't see how to do that on the MySkoda App (mobile version), but it works with the web-based Skoda-Connect interface. Once you login to your account, go to the car's Dashboard where you can see car status (locked/unlocked), mileage etc. and you'll also see a section called "Digital Certificate". Click on that and you'll get the option of generating a new Certificate and also to have a look at the existing Certificates. I have two in my list: one generated soon after I got the car (and found out I had this option), and the second one after the dealership visit this summer for the 1941 SW update (as shown by the first attached screenshot).

For this to work you need to have paid for the 'Remote Access' subscription.  (Very silly indeed)

and also on the skoda portal:

"Digital Certificate is available for vehicles produced after 06/2018."

Edited by ApertureS

Thanks SkOmk4

I followed your suggestion and you are correct. With the £36/yr for the package of ‘Care-Connect’ services you also get to view your ‘Digital Certificate’. 

I was hoping there was a way to see the service history that can be viewed other than by paid subscription. 

It seems that Skoda are finding creative ways to ‘Up-sell’ add-ons which I had no idea at the point of purchase would be chargeable. 

But thank you for that helpful tip.

I always insist on a print out when I go and pay and collect the car.

I will never remember 12 months later what was and wasn't done, and keeping a paper copy is the only free way to find out.

To be honest, and may be I am old fashioned, but I prefer a stamped maintenance book, not some digital record somewhere that I cannot access.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PoloPaul said:

I am surprised to learn that there is no online Service History for Skoda through the MySkoda App. There is paid access (£8 for 1 hour) to the erWin web-portal to view records by VIN. Has anyone used this?

Is there any other way for Skoda owners to look at their own digital service records without paying?

Thank you for any responses. 

Access through erWin is free for me but that could be because we are a registered independent repairer.

30 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

I always insist on a print out when I go and pay and collect the car.

I will never remember 12 months later what was and wasn't done, and keeping a paper copy is the only free way to find out.

To be honest, and may be I am old fashioned, but I prefer a stamped maintenance book, not some digital record somewhere that I cannot access.

My thoughts precisely 

Went onto the SkodaConnect Webpage (not App). Selected ‘Services’ and it only included online digital services. But among  the features listed under the Skoda Connect subscription  (£36/yr) was included ‘Digital Certificate’. I added Skoda Connect to the online shopping basket to see more. The options surprisingly showed ‘I month complimentary’ - free of charge. 

I added this. Received an email to confirm activation - went onto Skoda Connect and under ‘Digital Certificate’ it told me I have not yet added a digital certificate. I pressed the ‘miles to refill’ symbol and….there was the option to generate a Digital Certificate. This includes every service event from first registration. 

This I did and I have added a picture below. This ‘service’ expires in 31 days. So I have been able to ‘Try before I buy, which to be honest I will probably do now.’ 

IMG_1449.thumb.jpeg.8672e7129faafca786dd2918828df04e.jpeg

• Like 1

This certificate from skoda-connect doesn't make any sense to me. It only has 3 records for repairs while I had already 7 cases open, 10+ trips to a workshop. Most of them are not reflected like if nothing happened.

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 17-13-06 Škoda Digital certificate - TMBAW7NX3MY057348 - cert-9ce149eb-4e4a-4386-9fac-d767338db6e1.pdf.png

• Sad 1

Go back to the garage and show this to them. Could it  be that they serviced the car (After year 1 or 2?) but failed to update the Skoda online service database. They will surely correct this. The warranty software updates should similarly have been recorded over time. 

58 minutes ago, Edela said:

Most of them are not reflected like if nothing happened.

It looks like the "eager-beavers" that worked (or pretended to work) on your car didn't want to leave any digital trace of their failures (inability to fix the problems reported by the user).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/08/2023 at 18:09, PoloPaul said:

Go back to the garage and show this to them.

Yesterday I showed this to a reception guy in the workshop. Guess what his reaction was? He saw such thing for the first time and was asking me where did I get it :D

• Haha 2
  • Groan 1