2024 Kodiaq (and Superb) interior photos :)

16 hours ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

When do you use them?

I can't remember more than once or twice that i've needed front or rear fogs in the last few years.

As Skomaz says - driving, especially in winter up here in Scotland, on unlit roads in the middle of nowhere, they're brilliant at illuminating the side of the road. On more than one occasion I've seen the eyes of deer in the trees which otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. As long as there's no sign of other cars on the road, they're almost always on. 

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, linni said:

Front fog lights have a purpose only and only then, when they are as close to the ground as possible. The idea to give the beam under the fog front rather than through it.

The position Kodiaq`s fog lights are located is absolutely useless.

As fog lights yes, but few people will regularly experience fog. ( and even then, the fog would have to be lying below the level of these lights. How often does that happen? )

These lights are used on a daily basis however, as cornering lights.  In unlit areas, the fog lights of my Octavia were useless as cornering lights, however being mounted higher, they're much better at illuminating corners in the Kodiaq. 

I see YouTube is filling up with reviews of the Tiguan which is now available to the press.

Can't help thinking how much better Skoda is to VW, there's many aspects to the new Tiguan design I couldn't live with.

The 1.5 PHEV certainly sounds a better prospect with it's larger battery but depending on price, the 1.5 mild hybrid will be interesting as it allows for running on battery power alone ( I'm guessing more akin to Toyota's hybrids ).  Some of these 48v mild hybrids such as the ones from BMW add very little. I get the impression they're more of a marketing exercise than bring any noticeable improvements to your wallet.   

Edited by kodiaqsportline

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/08/2023 at 12:04, Yogi-Bear said:

To be fair, it's not all that much of a surprise when you look at the interior of the current Octavia and the Enyaq. Definitely follows the theme...

Agree it does look nice - and at least the air con controls are still physical dials rather than only being available through the touch screen.

They’re customisable, which is good. Question is can you set one temperature, one to something else the last to another thing or is it two air fixed.

I left skoda for Kia, precisely because of the infotainment mess from the mk8 platform. Turn off auto steering/lane assist was deep in menu,  not a button on the wheel. On a test drive on a muddy road the car tried to push the wife into the large bank and kept trying to nudge the car over.  Hopefully they learned and have added some sensible and some customisable buttons to the wheel too.

2 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

I left skoda for Kia, precisely because of the infotainment mess from the mk8 platform. Turn off auto steering/lane assist was deep in menu,  not a button on the wheel

Both my Kodiaqs have had a button on the wheel for driver aids - admittedly it opens a menu on the dash to then turn individual ones on/off, but I’m not sure you’d want individual buttons on the wheel for each!

2 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Both my Kodiaqs have had a button on the wheel for driver aids - admittedly it opens a menu on the dash to then turn individual ones on/off, but I’m not sure you’d want individual buttons on the wheel for each!

No, but I can turn off steering assist and lane assist from a single button on the Kia and can select what I want another button to do from a wide range of features.

Driver assistance is far from perfect, so you don’t want to take your hands of a steering wheel when fighting the wheel trying to do something stupid.

• ColinD pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

What is the technical diff. between current vrs vs sportline, engine is one thing, dsg different?Any diff. on differential and suspension?Brakes are larger but nothing special.

Scout version is slashed, vrs probably, but is vrs even worth waiting?

On 08/12/2023 at 13:41, FrankLK said:

What is the technical diff. between current vrs vs sportline, engine is one thing, dsg different?Any diff. on differential and suspension?

Current vRS has 245PS TSI engine, compared to 200PS (max) on the Sportline. The DSG box is the same 7-speed box on all petrol engines, I think (although I could be wrong on that one). And the vRS comes with adaptive suspension (comfort (soft), normal, sport (hard)) as standard, but this available as an option on the Sportline as well.

Aside from the engine, the key differences are pretty much cosmetic - you could add all the kit the vRS has as standard to a Sportline.

On 08/12/2023 at 13:41, FrankLK said:

Scout version is slashed, vrs probably, but is vrs even worth waiting?

Scout version hasn't been available in the UK for a very long time... didn't realise it was still going in other markets.

There may be a vRS in the future - the Mk1 vRS didn't turn up until a couple of years after launch. It's only worth waiting for if you really want the engine, but there are no guarantees there will be one, and if there is, it could be a hybrid rather than pure petrol.

Thanks for replying, so as I was thinking, engine is the only major technical difference, other is just cosmetics and actually plently fake cosmetics which I don't like. If 200ps is enough, Sportline is the one for me.

22 hours ago, FrankLK said:

Well, we will see is the new vrs getting rear diff, brembo brakes or stiffer antiroll bars.

I very much doubt it would get any of those. But then I will actually be surprised if there is one at all, to be honest.

How much I know it is confirmed and it will not be PHEV, but why 270HP when that engine can be boosted to 300 or more? But then why to buy Cupra or Tiguan, isn't it?

At least it should get decent exhaust system. The price step up is significant for vrs.

• 2 weeks later...

For now things I like: possibility to get double glazed windows, big panorama, AGR seats with cooling(massage maybe), heated seats rear, there is still double glove box and adjustable hand rest, 7 seats, fwd isofix points, head up display, big engine and 4x4, manual climate controls, rear window shades, dsg lever at least is not that big ugly thing like before.

I actually like interior more that superbs.

But they did some cost saving on rear doors unlike on Suberb.

• 3 months later...