Skoda U.K. Customer Service not fit for purpose.

Coburg

I was advised when I collected my new Kodiaq L&K 2.0 TSI last September that the missing engine cover will be fitted by the main dealer when a new replacement cover becomes available. One year on and despite several phone calls to Skoda U.K. Customer Services I am no further forward. They don’t know when or even if a cover will become available. I have asked them several times to contact Skoda HQ for an update on any progress being made to supply these covers and their reply, that they have no contact directly with Skoda HQ, has always remained the same. The main dealer has no idea either re this issue, however my call to VAG Customer Services at first appeared to be positive, especially when they took all my details and gave me a case number. They asked for copies of emails from Skoda U.K. Customer Services which I forwarded to them two weeks ago. However when I rang VAG today they denied having any knowledge of my complaint and suggested I get back in touch with Skoda U.K. Customer Services. I know there are some on here who will say you don’t need an engine cover as it’s purely cosmetic, however when you get a car costing in excess of £43K you should expect everything to be there. 
Due to the abysmal customer service I think this, my third new Skoda in the last six years, will be the very last vehicle from this manufacturer.

Edited by Coburg
  • Groan 1

I couldn't disagree more.

Last year you were told by your dealer a cover would be fitted when it becomes available. Your contract is with your dealer. Your dealer is perfectly capable of contacting Skoda HQ. You spoke to your dealer and your dealer said they had no idea.

If Customer services also have no idea then how's about this for a theory - Skoda HQ having no idea either.

You're coming over as being angry because you're not hearing what you want to hear.

You say when you get a car costing £43k you should expect everything to be there. It wasn't there so why didn't you reject the car?  They told you a new replacement cover would be fitted when it becomes available and you accepted that.  They're saying it's not yet available so what's the problem? 

Abysmal customer service!  You can't be serious.  They can only tell you the information they have if front of them. Would you prefer them to lie to you?

You can certainly have a go at Skoda themselves but it's not on shooting the messenger.

Having a look at previous threads on this topic, some say that a cover is available and members produced a part number for you. So what would I do in your position? If it's available I'd ask the supplying dealer to order it. If they refused then I'd order it myself from their own parts department, I'd ask their service department to fit it for me and then ask the dealer principal to refund my money. Legally he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.  But of course that's assuming it's available.  I dunno if it is or not.

What I wouldn't be doing is having a go at customer services.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kodiaqsportline said:

I couldn't disagree more.

Last year you were told by your dealer a cover would be fitted when it becomes available. Your contract is with your dealer. Your dealer is perfectly capable of contacting Skoda HQ. You spoke to your dealer and your dealer said they had no idea.

If Customer services also have no idea then how's about this for a theory - Skoda HQ having no idea either.

You're coming over as being angry because you're not hearing what you want to hear.

You say when you get a car costing £43k you should expect everything to be there. It wasn't there so why didn't you reject the car?  They told you a new replacement cover would be fitted when it becomes available and you accepted that.  They're saying it's not yet available so what's the problem? 

Abysmal customer service!  You can't be serious.  They can only tell you the information they have if front of them. Would you prefer them to lie to you?

You can certainly have a go at Skoda themselves but it's not on shooting the messenger.

Having a look at previous threads on this topic, some say that a cover is available and members produced a part number for you. So what would I do in your position? If it's available I'd ask the supplying dealer to order it. If they refused then I'd order it myself from their own parts department, I'd ask their service department to fit it for me and then ask the dealer principal to refund my money. Legally he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.  But of course that's assuming it's available.  I dunno if it is or not.

What I wouldn't be doing is having a go at customer services.

As you are someone who comes across as a person “who knows it all” maybe you can enlighten me as to what is the purpose of Skoda U.K. Customer Services if it is not to answer genuine enquiries from those who have a Skoda. Why couldn’t they inform me that the part is available and can be acquired through Main Dealer’s parts departments? Why has the service manager at the three main dealers I have contacted not advised that the part is available through their parts department, instead of stating that they have no idea?  It appears that you are better informed than all of them.

Toot, TTEC is who I contacted a couple of weeks ago, who then took my details and requested that I forward them copies of previous correspondence I had received from Skoda U.K, which I duly sent. On contacting TTEC yesterday they said that they had no record of my complaint a couple of weeks ago and referred me to Skoda U.K. Customer Service - hence back to square one.

10 hours ago, Coburg said:

maybe you can enlighten me as to what is the purpose of Skoda U.K. Customer Services if it is not to answer genuine enquiries from those who have a Skoda.

Their purpose is to run interference for Skoda UK, to wind people up and grind them down until they give up.

Yours is a perfect example:

2 hours ago, Coburg said:

TTEC is who I contacted a couple of weeks ago, who then took my details and requested that I forward them copies of previous correspondence I had received from Skoda U.K, which I duly sent. On contacting TTEC yesterday they said that they had no record of my complaint a couple of weeks ago and referred me to Skoda U.K. Customer Service - hence back to square one.

The taking of all the details and copies of correspondence is so they can use them if appropriate to defend themselves against any possible action from the consumer, it's not a new thing, Ford did it to me in 1998 and the above is quoting their reluctant admission verbatim.

• Like 1

I don't think Skoda customer services exist anymore, the name lingers on, but now just get connected to an outsource company that clearly don't understand or convey messages replying with vague wishy washy statements or irrelevant positive comments, as they don't have the answers and can't make decisions on the spot.