DAB issue

AnW79

Hi, apologies if this has been dealt with previously. I’ve searched but can’t find the answer! I have a 2016 Fabia Monte Carlo Estate. Zero DAB reception. I’ve upgraded the head unit to the latest firmware. I’ve had the head unit out and the leads all appear in tact.

trying to find where the DAB lead goes to so I can check it for damage or connection issues. 
anyone have an idea exactly where this goes. There is no aerial as such on the roof, I assume there’s a booster or amplifier somewhere.

many thanks!

IMG_6424.jpeg

IMG_6427.jpeg

Part number of the head unit is 500035842A

basically I had DAB working for a few months after I first bought the car about 4 hrs ago. It then failed and stopped working. All other functions work correctly. You had sent me a software update a few months back which I did but it would appear a hardware issue??

I have exactly the same issue in my 2016 Fabia estate. Fitted a new antenna, seemed to help, now nothing unless I am in a very strong signal area, then it vanishes. Worked great a mile from the Wenvoe transmitter in Cardiff ......probably the metal fillings in my teeth might pick up stray signals there. 😂 

Would you mind telling me where the antenna or booster was? I’m gonna have a look at that. 
I messaged Skoda direct but they’ve suggested I take it in… don’t fancy forking out a load of money for diagnostics and them still not resolving it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I discovered that there's a refresh function on my DAB radio which fixed it.

Obviously my problem wasn't the same as other people's experiences.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, scubaandy said:

Where is the refresh function? 

I don't know where the refresh button is (secret menu? or combination of pressing buttons?) but if you haven't already tried then have a look at your 'Operation Manual' for the infotainment and try a search for stations and store them again and perhaps go into the advanced set-up for DAB and check the settings are as you want them.

If you search this forum or the site I think there was info on the DAB "aerial" and booster/amplifier but I can't even remember what the items were called let alone their location.

Our DAB BBC national radio stations reception on the home portable has been iffy recently, "quality" in 70s% or even 50s%, normally 95-100%, but all's been fine in my wife's Fabia.