Local Norfolk Skoda Expert

acemcgraw

Hi there :D

I'm thinking I may need to get some work done soon. My coolant appears to be leaking even though I had a new water pump at the main dealer in Norwich (Robinsons, now Group 1) 2 years ago. I'm going to shout at them to see if I can get a replacement free, but if they don't I'd rather not pay main dealer prices if I can get away with it. I'm also thinking I may need my clutch doing soon. 

So basically, are there any independent Skoda / VW group experts around Norfolk that anyone could recommend for this sort of work? I normally get my car MOT'd etc at  a local garage, but I know they're reluctant to embark on bigger jobs (although I'd happily use them for water pump replacement if necessary). 

Many, many thank yous!

Not quite norfolk. But Fen View Motors in March (just past kings lynn...ish) would be my recommendation. Took my cars to Steve since the day he opened, he was trained as a Skoda tech up until he started the garage. Always given good service and went above and beyond. Also uses a garage 100yards down the road to do MOT's, so the testers wont make stuff up as there is no money in it for them:thumbup: (Steve is a smart cookie as you may have guessed;))

https://www.facebook.com/FenViewMotors/

Edited by robt100
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just come across this post acemcgraw, how'd you get on ? 

Just a thought, I notice that DASAUTO on Blue Boar Lane Norwich advertises themselves as a VAG group repairer, I have read very favourable comments on their site.

https://dasauto.uk/

• 4 weeks later...

Likewise just seen this. I fell out of love with Robinsons so now use Clive Attowe on Salhouse Road. Whilst I'd love my bills to be cheaper I can't fault their workmanship and honesty.  I've been using them for 3 years now

Hi there, the only thing in Robinsons favour is that they can provide you with a loan car whist they have your vehicle in for any lengthy work. bit of a must when you live out in sticks, and you've got things to do.

I liked when I had a Seat and Duff Morgan would collect in from your home address ( pre Covid ).

I presume that Clive doesn't offer a loan car ?

And does Clive have access to the full  Skoda diagnostic program if need be ?

Hi there everyone - thanks for the suggestions. 

I've been lucky, and it turns out that I didn't need a third party repairer - I did go to Robinsons as they had just replaced the water pump - unfortunately they couldn't look at the car as I was in my company car - they gave me some cooland and told me to come back after the weekend if it went down again, but it didn't, and after 5 monhts the coolant level hasn't budged, so not sure what happened with that!

I am making notes of these garages though - I've still got the car and its now approaching 95k miles, so it'll be due some work at some point!

On 08/02/2024 at 10:45, stepdey said:

Hi there, the only thing in Robinsons favour is that they can provide you with a loan car whist they have your vehicle in for any lengthy work. bit of a must when you live out in sticks, and you've got things to do.

I liked when I had a Seat and Duff Morgan would collect in from your home address ( pre Covid ).

I presume that Clive doesn't offer a loan car ?

And does Clive have access to the full  Skoda diagnostic program if need be ?

Clive does indeed have Odis, im fairly sure the sevicing hes done will come up on a skoda dealer print out. There is a car marked up as courtesy car, a little Dacia I think. I've not used it as I don't live far out the city so the bike gets put in the car and I cycle home.

• Like 1

Thanks for that steve, I will see what he would charge nearer the time ( January ) for my first 2 yearly service ,  also as I live that side of the city its good for me as well.

I presume he's got a waiting area as well if need be ?

On 12/02/2024 at 11:23, stepdey said:

Thanks for that steve, I will see what he would charge nearer the time ( January ) for my first 2 yearly service ,  also as I live that side of the city its good for me as well.

I presume he's got a waiting area as well if need be ?

There is a waiting area but no seats now (I'm sure there weren't any when I went 4 weeks ago)  following on from covid. I've never waited, just left mine for the day.