Odd noise at 2000 rpm +

Flatjack

Hi all, seeking some advice on an noise the emanates from the engine area when the car reaches 2000 rpm from cold.

The noise is a squeaking/rattling type sound rather than anything metallic, but not an auxiliary/fan belt type noise  - that belt has been replaced very recently.

As soon as the engine drops below 2000 rpm the noise goes away, but returns once speed is increased but then stays away once the car is fully warmed up.....

Car is a Yeti 4x4 DSG 2.0 TDI 2014.

Local driving not a problem, which is where most driving is done with limits at 50mph and hence well under 2000rpm.

The timing belt was replaced three years ago (40k miles).

Many thanks 

This won't help but I know the noise - it's a squeaky, tinkly, springy kind of noise...

We had it on a 1.2 Tsi DSG at normally lower speeds on a gentle throttle as if something was opening up or expanding. Did also have it on a TDi Yeti about 10 years ago, but neither caused any problems.

I had engine mounts that flexed more than they used to and in turn caused something else to rub and squeak.

They were not damaged so I just sprayed some silicone plumbers spray on them and any other dubious areas .

I also rubbed some on a cloth around the plastic edges of the dash and glovebox etc. where they meet the bodywork.

Whatever it was I got it.