Rear window wiper

I'm looking at trading in my curent Superb Sportline Plus hatch against a slightly newer model and, though I need to have a look around it, it seems to be in decent condition and the deal is good.

It has a lot of items which I'd like: Canton sound, digital dash etc. but I've just noticed that it doesn't have a rear windscreen wiper. My current car does have one and I don't know why you'd buy one without!

I know the salesperson will say that the rain will be blown off by the wind at speed but I don't know how that'll work when I'm trying to park or drive at slower speed.

Has anyone else got a Superb hatch with no rear windscreen wiper? If so, what's it like to live with?

i miss having a rear windscreen wiper on my Superb hatch.

i had one on my Octavia RS hatch, and it was great.

the rear windscreen is so large, and mostly flat - it gets filthy, and i hate that.

sadly we (in australia) never had the option to spec a rear windscreen wiper for the mk3 Superb.

stupid.

retrofitting one is not an option either, otherwise i would've done it.

1118651622_PXL_20230319_0333433952.thumb.jpg.d5ce2e601eadd402b959051dd2a9a05a.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR RS said:

i miss having a rear windscreen wiper on my Superb hatch.

i disagree :), never missed it,

rear wiper only spoils the car's appearance!
i deselected this option, even when it were free of charge, when ordered my previous MY16 Mk3 220ps
later it became as paid option

20230218_092944_ED_50p.thumb.jpg.0258102ba508b637e5a9244501d03eae.jpg

Edited by MartiniB
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JR RS said:

retrofitting one is not an option either

I think it should be feasible if you replace all specific parts but at a huge cost, since you need to replace the rear windsreen for a drilled one and big  housing parts at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MartiniB said:

i disagree :), never missed it,

rear wiper only spoils the car's appearance!

U don't have to agree.

I prefer practicality over appearance.

If I had the option, I would prefer looking out a clean rear window than a dirty window.

This is based on my experience of having a liftback with a rear wiper, and now having one without.

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

clean rear window

this one of several reasons why i chose hatch instead wagon,

where wiper doesn't help at all, but hatch's rear window is clear even in rainy weather

p.s.

more annoyed i have been by streams on front side windows

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/509675-windscreen-rain-deflectors-on-a-pillars/

• Like 1