Infotainment Amundson to MIB2.5 any regrets

rit

I have the Amundsun with the 6.5" screen I think it is. I want the bigger 8" screen but vw-retrofit only have the mib2.5 not the mib2

I know the mib2.5 has better screen resolution but I like the tactile feel of actually pushing the buttons. Also concerned that the glass on the mib 2.5 will be a lot easier to scratch than the matt effect screen on the mib2

Anyone miss the mib2 after swapping. Thanks in advance

Edited by rit
Spelling

• rit changed the title to Infotainment Amundson to MIB2.5 any regrets
On 16/09/2023 at 15:52, rit said:

I have the Amundsun with the 6.5" screen I think it is. I want the bigger 8" screen but vw-retrofit only have the mib2.5 not the mib2

I know the mib2.5 has better screen resolution but I like the tactile feel of actually pushing the buttons. Also concerned that the glass on the mib 2.5 will be a lot easier to scratch than the matt effect screen on the mib2

Anyone miss the mib2 after swapping. Thanks in advance

I don't think mib 2.5 is worth it. Went from Amundsen (old one) to mib2 with the 8 inch screen. No regrets at all.

• Like 1

The following screens all run at the same resolution:

- Amundsen MIB2 with buttons

- Amundsen MIB2.5 with glass screen

- Columbus MIB2

The only screen which is a higher resolution is the 9.2" MIB2.5 Columbus which requires a MIB2.5 Columbus to make it work.

I've had no issues with scratching the glass screen on the MIB2.5 in my Octavia (factory fitted).

• Like 1