Brake pad and disc wear

Morph

Would like some advice on my pads and discs. 
picture shows some old Brembo discs and pads. Both inside discs and pads have worn funny whereas the outside ones are as I’d expect. Any thing I need to be looking at or is this normal!!?

0BA9557D-92D1-4BB3-9372-DA2217FFE61C.jpeg

Edited by Morph

• Morph changed the title to Brake pad and disc wear
  • 1 month later...

To put things in conext, it would have been nice to know the age/mileage of the vehicle.

My suspicion and probably that of a couple of other resondents is thatyou've had sticking pads. There is nothing very urgent to worry about here, although you may be heading towards a slightly painful/expensive next MoT.

It is odd that the picture of the disk on the right looks so clean, while the other looks really quite poor.

For me, sticking pads often become common once thhe vehicle is over five years old, usually for reasons that I don't really understand, rear first.

There are several 'work-arounds', none of them perfect.

If with your wheels, you can get a stick in to the disk, and you can bang it, a bit, you may be able to get some dust to come out, and, if you do, that's a good thing.

An alternative is to look for when the fuel consumption is suspiciously poor, and run the afected side over catseyes, There is usually just enough play in the wheel bearing to push the pad back a little.

To asses this, you really need a flat bit of road, and cruise control.

I'd entirely understand if you felt that the suggestions made earlier were more likely to give you a long-term solution.