Superb or MB E Class

Ridleyrumpus

I have had a couple of E Class estates and love their effortless ride, but... 

I am tempted by a 2015 SUPERB L & K TDI CR that looks nice in the pics, 125k, 6 speed panoramic roof etc. 

Now I know this is a Skoda forum but how do the Skoda Superbs compare to an E Class? 

Are they cheap(er) to run/maintain? 

Screenshot_20230928-131929.png

2 hours ago, Ridleyrumpus said:

I have had a couple of E Class estates and love their effortless ride, but... 

I am tempted by a 2015 SUPERB L & K TDI CR that looks nice in the pics, 125k, 6 speed panoramic roof etc. 

Now I know this is a Skoda forum but how do the Skoda Superbs compare to an E Class? 

Are they cheap(er) to run/maintain? 

Screenshot_20230928-131929.png

Tyres will be cheaper on the Superb MK2 because it uses the common 205/55R16, 225/45R17, and 225/40R18 tyre sizes.

For example, 225/55R16 can cost over 70% more than 205/55R16 tyres.

Unfortunately, many Superb MK2's are fitted with 225/40R18 tyres which are quite susceptible to pothole damage due to their low sidewall height (sidewall height is only about 3.5" on the 225/40R18 tyre size). By comparison, the sidewall height on a 205/55R16 tyre is almost 4.5" which gives much better resistance to pothole damage and much better ride quality.

Edited by Carlston