Radio goes off when I am trying to charge phone on front or rear power sockets.

I have a 2017 L+K Superb Combi and when I plug in the phone charger in, the radio goes off! Can play music via the usb or cd but its odd. If I plug in the usb lead to charge the phone, radio plays but its a very slow process to charge. Why is this!!! Any ideas please.

I think it's because the cigar lighter and radio antenna share the same circuit, plug both in and power drops, antenna not as effective and so lose signal unless in a high signal area. Happens on mine all the time and when I googled it, came across this explanation. The usb being a slow charge is just because it's a lower amp rating socket, nowt unusual about that one.

Edited by Bensupreme

The car will have more than enough power to run both the antenna and 12v socket. They aren't high amp devices...

It's much more likely the phone charger is spitting out electromagnetic interference causing the radio to drop out. Quite common amongst some dashcam manufactures. I'd try a better charger :)

Tried a few different chargers, and waiting for the snail mail to bring along a new better output rated one. Hope that does the trick but do prefer recorded music to the drivel on air these days.