Vrs

Toasty

Recently bought a VRS and the guy who had it before me put a dump valve in it 😭 I absolutely despise the noise it makes and in all honesty have no idea what part I need to make it stock again lol. Can someone link me the relevant part please? I need this out ASAP before it drives me mental. 

It also has the Eibach Pro Springs but needs a new set of tyres, is the 205/40/17s the way to go? Or would the 215s work better for grip? We drive an xdrive BMW mostly so it’s a major change from that to the VRS. 

Any help is appreciated 😁

1 hour ago, Toasty said:

I also meant to put in the first post. 

Is the standard mudflaps for the mk2 just plug and play?

My brothers got them on his and it makes the car look much better

The VRS is a Mark 2 so it doesn't need 'special' mudflaps.

I believe the car comes with a recirc valve as standard, so in order to dump the dump valve, you'll need another one unless it's been left fitted and bypassed.

7 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

The VRS is a Mark 2 so it doesn't need 'special' mudflaps.

I believe the car comes with a recirc valve as standard, so in order to dump the dump valve, you'll need another one unless it's been left fitted and bypassed.

Yeah I thought that about the mudflaps but seen a few comments of people saying they had to make slight cuts to the back bumper for the rear ones to fit 

2 minutes ago, Madvlad65 said:

Not sure if mine are factory fitted or not but there is definitely no cuts or alterations to the bumper IMG_20190722_162941.jpg.3a0ddb86db8d3e52035f00ccdc617bd1.jpg

Cheers for the pic, gives me a bit more confidence buying them lol.

The official Skoda ones are £55 on eBay though, unreal pricing for a mudflap lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toasty said:

Cheers for the pic, gives me a bit more confidence buying them lol.

The official Skoda ones are £55 on eBay though, unreal pricing for a mudflap lol

Ha, you're lucky, that daft silver box strapped to the offside rear window of new Land Rover Defenders is £877 + VAT, it's for putting your muddy boots in while you're outside so they don't go in the car. You only really see them in London 😂

11 hours ago, thomasaspin said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314553576846?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=z6qpdkjnqge&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=vB4oy_wsSh6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

recirc valve , you’ll need to block off the silicone hose from back of engine that goes to the aftermarket dump valve 

cheers mate, you're a lifesaver lol.

this dump valve is getting on my nerves, I absolutely despise it. 

On that note, anyone want an RTMG Dump Valve? hahaha

16 hours ago, Toasty said:

cheers mate, you're a lifesaver lol.

this dump valve is getting on my nerves, I absolutely despise it. 

On that note, anyone want an RTMG Dump Valve? hahaha

What colour is the dump valve will happily take it off your hands lol any other goodies on it , I have a recirc valve I’ll happily swap you for your dump valve 

On 06/10/2023 at 14:43, thomasaspin said:

What colour is the dump valve will happily take it off your hands lol any other goodies on it , I have a recirc valve I’ll happily swap you for your dump valve 

It’s blue mate. I’ll try get a picture of it later for you 🙂

On 06/10/2023 at 14:43, thomasaspin said:

It’s blue mate. I’ll try get a picture of it later for you 🙂