What does your engine look like?

Pjone

I've had several Audi's and Skoda's.

I've never had one where the engine is exposed like this, without plastic casing.

Is this some new cost-saving measure or is something amiss?

(One week old Octavia Estate vRS).

Thanks!

PXL_20231003_143720465.MP.jpg

7 hours ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Like this ....

thumbnail_IMG_4019.jpg

Thanks. So presumably yours is one of the engine covers that has been recalled? Or is that a replacement?

Thanks 

4 hours ago, Pjone said:

Thanks. So presumably yours is one of the engine covers that has been recalled? Or is that a replacement?

Thanks 

Car is 3 weeks old now and arrived without cover . I purchased the one in image from Forge Motorsport .

Plastic engine covers may look pretty but they also trap heat. In very hot weather it's wise to discard the cover and allow greater airflow to the engine. Excessive trapped heat can/will also shorten the life of many sensitive electronic components. Yep, it may be more of a region or seasonal thing, but some of these cosmetics aren't always beneficial.

• Like 1