Crankshaft sensor

Bo67

Hi anyone can tell me where crankshaft sensor is on my skoda roomster greenline  1.2 diesel 2013, had a fault today and checked it out and pointing to the sensor but can l find it ,help.

Cheers bob. 

For the CFWA 1.2 diesel (75hp?) I think it looks like this (could be mostly black also)

image.png.850e9ebdd2ad59bc4f4744c898052cbf.pngAnd bolts into this plastic subassembly

image.png.e048d1f949a54cf6d68019a59c22c38e.png

Which looks big enough to be bolted onto one end or other of the crankcase - the opposite side to the gearbox would be easiest to get to. Maybe wrong but that's my guess.

• Like 1

Thanks to Inspectorman for his information but l have tried looking everywhere on the engine but still  cannot see it, everything is packed in so tight , if anyone can put a picture up of the engine from the front and mark roughly where to look it would be great. 

Regards bob. 

That linked thread was about cam sensor, not crank sensor.

You were bang on the money on Friday @inspectorman.

That ebay picture is showing item 16 here, which is at the gearbox end of engine/crankshaft.

LLLParts

So OP should be looking at gearbox end of engine, close to clutch bellhousing. I think back right corner of engine low down on block as you look into the engine bay.

Edit, or maybe at front near oil cooler? If that's what this is showing?

Screenshot 2023-10-22 11.29.04.png

Edited by Breezy_Pete
  • Like 1

Thanks for all replies, engines are so hard to work on, no space for your hands or being able to see components will give it look Breezy man, may have to jack up and remove bottom cover. Just spent a bit of money on it , replacement egr, what a job to replace, had to get garage to do it , you need a 4 post ramp, then a exhaust sensor,  now this, l have played with cars for 55 years but its getting harder to do especially with it having to be reprogrammed sometimes. Give me a bmc 4 cylinder, with spark plugs, contact breakers, tappets and a SU carburetor anytime, got all the kit to sort that.😂

Just took these,think the one at the bottom under oil filter housing may be the one ,impossible to get to from the top? Will have to jack up and remove tray at bottom?

20231022_130407.jpg

20231022_131742.jpg

• Like 1

Will give it look again when you nearly 70 the eyes aren't so good.😂

Trouble is l cannot get access to it or close up because of all the c--p in front of it, hopefully take off cover underneath and get a better view. 👍

• Like 1

I think with the help of the diagrams we're pretty close now. Concentrate on the area in the red box and you'll be close. Can't tell from your photos how far down that connector is but it might be the one.

cfwa1.thumb.jpg.8331453703d09fbfac2130ab4ec189e5.jpg

This is the holder going onto the engine block. So the sensor (will go in bottom right of this) is just to the right of the main engine block (as you look at the front

image.png.098d9f937b658078162df60b6dd47b5e.png

• Like 1

Yes think you are correct,  its below the bottom of the oil filter assembly,  a right pain to get to from above  so will  try from underneath. 

Thanks for all the information. 

Well l removed the engine cover underneath, simple and saw a few sensors but not the crankshaft sensor, after a bit of head bending l think l have found it and its impossible to access from below, again to much in the way ,similar to trying from the top,anyone now the procedure to gain acess, looks like from the front, grill removal,  radiator removal, not easy.😩

Hi, scratched me head and had another look and maybe if l remove the electric radiator fan assembly it will give me a better view and access,  but it's got plastic feet on either side not sure how they are fixed( there are no screws) dont want to break them. Anyone got some information. 

Regards bob. 

Hi breezy Pete just tried using my finger to push in the clip and it lifted up ,so the bottom bracket just sits in the groove,just got remove the air intake  scoop fitted to front grill so l can lift the other side, got to remove the electric  connection at bottom of fan assembly then and try to remove fan assembly, its always a learning curve. At least l have couple other spare cars and electric bike  so l can take my time.👍

• Like 2