Oil leak

Shasha

I just done my MOT and it was advisory minor oil leak. I went to garage to replace anti roll bar link and garage spotted major leak. Any idea what it could be. It's a 2015 dsg Skoda superb 

IMG_20231107_120355.jpg

IMG_20231107_120359.jpg

IMG_20231107_120357.jpg

IMG_20231107_120402.jpg

Really unsure to be honest. The belts are not wet but it's in that direction. I don't think it's the sump as I looked at it and didn't seem like the sump is cracked or leaking. 

On 07/11/2023 at 13:13, Shasha said:

I just done my MOT and it was advisory minor oil leak. I went to garage to replace anti roll bar link and garage spotted major leak. Any idea what it could be. It's a 2015 dsg Skoda superb

Since you are the one with access to the car, you are the only one who can answer this question.

Simply crawl under the car (only when on secure jack stands!), clean everything, and see where the oil comes from.

The position of the drive belt would suggest engine sump rather than gearbox casing to me, but difficult to tell with those images. Is the engine oil level dropping? What gearbox do you have?

As @andrehj suggests, get the area cleaned up and have a close look around everything.

2 hours ago, andrehj said:

Since you are the one with access to the car, you are the only one who can answer this question.

Simply crawl under the car (only when on secure jack stands!), clean everything, and see where the oil comes from.

Thanks I've spoken to mechanic. He said he will steam clean the whole top and bottom of engine which comes at a hefty £50 charge but will check after a couple of days after cleaning to see where it's coming from. I'm dreading it's the crankshaft oil seal or something more sinister.