Skoda Fabia II 2010 estate broken wires in loom of drivers hinge

Damo222

Wonder if anyone can advise checked wires by removing door Gromit and found broken wires hence fault with mirror and window. Was thinking of just replacing the loom with new as not much wires left to join my question is it safe enough to just unplug loom at Gromit without disconnecting the battery as don't have the code for the radio .Also does anyone know without going to main dealer for part Thank You    

I have the same issue. I saw a few videos online of people repairing them. I decided to take the easy way out and buy a new loom for the door. I thought it would be cheaper than bringing the car to an auto electrician. I ordered the parts from Skoda parts.com and it arrived quickly. I ordered a wiring harness for a front right door. The one they sent me was different from mine. I opened up my front left door to compare, and the part matched that one. So I assume that the real difference is that my car is right hand drive, so it’s the driver door. And it’s the other way around in Central Europe. Loom cost €120 approx, I just hope they will swap it for me. I did use the chassis number when ordering.

Got the driver door wiring loom replaced with the new one from Skoda. The windows are still not working. Been doing a lot of reading on here lately, and it all seems to be pointing me towards, the window motor module. May need to be repaired. I’ve tried the reset procedure as described in the owners manual, and as in here. I got the passenger side to work, but only from the passenger side switch. And it only lasts for 10 minutes, and goes dead again.

i think I may need your help, Breezy Pete. 

Hello 👋

I don't know anything about these modules as fitted to a Superb; so I don't know if they have any similarity in internal circuitry to the ones I'm used to seeing. 

If you can tell me VIN of the car I can do some research though (PM it if you prefer).

Have you looked at secondhand motor module prices for an exact part number match? May not be very expensive, not sure.

Sorry, my profile says I have a superb. I sold that a few months back. I picked up a 2008 fabia 1.2 from a friend, just to fix up a few things and then sell it on. I’ll get numbers and get back on.

sorry for confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Thank you breeezy Pete, the motor you supplied worked a treat. All back working now. Just plugged the drivers door window motor and module in, and everything worked perfectly. I’ve no doubt that the broken wires in the door bellows was the cause of it all, but a brand new complete wiring loom for the drivers door is in place, and gives me some peace of mind knowing that it’s not possibly on its way out. So to sum up, broken wires stop windows from working, but also damage the relay and capacitor on the PCB in the motor.

Thanks again.