Buying Advice ... vehicle / owners

Tilt

Registered Keepers, not Owners.

I have owned cars, 2nd owner / registered keeper after Demonstrator, then given / lent to son, Registered in his name, then to partner, Registered in her name, 

then sold.  2 Owner car.

But not just a 1-2 year old car.   

So what is the History of that one?, BMW, Hire / Courtesy car. sold. defaulted on finance,   anyone's guess really. 

I had this from Eurocar.

Bucket of sh!t really.

Needed to be in Sport to get a move on really and was a heavy drinker and trying to drive economically was boring.

DSCN3040.JPG.c5ff3b1d8f08a5f0e3f82072f4dbc620.jpeg

DSCN3041.JPG.7372c85db6bc05744e39f9285d205db1.jpeg

DSCN3034.JPG.842005fe95d83c69aa79467e6409d61c.jpeg

DSCN3043.JPG.6796fe8e9f0925d07d01725591754bc8.jpeg

Edited by Rooted
  • Thanks 1

Four registered keepers in 12 months is high but as @Rooted points out there may be situations where this is explainable.  Were it me I'd be wanting to see the detail of the service history - ideally including service bills - and would try to follow up via the servicing dealer to learn more.  Might also be worth paying the fee (10 squid) for a full car report as you can see more of the keepership history.

Of interest in the free version of the report is the note that the current keeper has had the vehicle for 1yr 3months, so where do the other three come into it?

https://www.caranalytics.co.uk/select-product/RJ22FHW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting that it was supposedly serviced on friday just gone.

24 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Of interest in the free version of the report is the note that the current keeper has had the vehicle for 1yr 3months, so where do the other three come into it?

I was wondering if the mention of 4 previous owners (as they put it) was a mistake and it may be just one owner. I think the only way I could find out is with a vehicle check as you say.

I had already tried two free ones.

Interesting what George says Re, well, lets just say he not a fan, Lol.

I haven't driven one yet, I knew they weren't going to be particularly speedy but I thought 'how bad can they be' ?????

I need to drive one.

I was disappointed that there was not an inbetween engine as it is either 118i at 136bhp or the next is the 128ti at about 260something bhp. I have been considering one of these but I do not like the silly red bits on them, around the 21 / 22 plate anyway.

I would have gone up to the next engine for sure if there had been one with much nearer 200 horses.

@TiltI had driven with the same engine and gearbox in a Mini and it was fine.

The tyres on the BMW were noisy, the alloys on that hire car were really bad, but that is because so easily kerbed.

Comfort was good, the interior nice, but really there are cars / auto,s that are a better drive IMO. 

Check which if any other panels have had paint repairs or panels replaced.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 20.14.54.png

Edited by Rooted
  • Thanks 1

There aren't many other cars that I like...

First idea was a Merc A200 but these are everywhere and a little garish inside for me.

I then took a liking to the CLA, although not much difference really.

Next idea was a Toyota Corolla touring sports (estate) and wanted the 2L but these are getting snapped up as taxi's. I'd never noticed them before I saw one at Available Car and onwards from that viewing I realised they are really everywhere. I did test drive one at Inchcape but it's mileage was far too high for my liking at 80k.

I then saw a few 1 series on the road and thought they look ok. I really disliked the older shape though so it would have to be the newer shape.

Of all of the cars I have looked at these have the best interior by far, for my liking.....

The only other option I am considering is the Audi A3 but as the older shape has been around since 2013, it would again have to be the newer shape.

I do like the idea of a Hybrid ...... plug in or self charging ....... and not an option in the beemer tho.

And even though it has to be an Auto ....... I still like a gear stick (Semi Auto) and the one in the BMW looks great whereas the A3 only has a little switch. I don't like it for that. 

I want practicality, possibly to get my bike in so this is why I am looking at hatchbacks.

I may get to test drive a 1 series on Wednesday. This one.

https://www.chriswroads.co.uk/used-bmw-1-series-ripley-derbyshire-5496466

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally gotten round to sorting myself out with a replacement vehicle

After owning the Octavia for almost thirteen years (Along with the Audi for eight of these) ........ and with very few issues with it (only really the brakes seizing every now and again and the odd spring or three) and now it has gone I can admit to NEVER having had the DSG gearbox serviced and it has been faultless.

Ended up finding an 'approved used' 1 series, from Stratstone BMW Derby, with it being two years old and just under 13K miles.

I'm glad the purchase got delayed as this got me the colour that I wanted but didn't even know was available. (sort of Gunmetal Grey) as I nearly went for the Storm Bay Grey of which I have now decided I'm not that keen on anymore, Lol.

Only picked it up on the 20th so not used it much yet but I really like it.

However, although the Octavia was 18 years old, it did outdo the 1 series on a few things........

For one, the centre armrest being height (ratchet) adjustable whilst the beemer's isn't.

And also the cubby holes (storage, for anyone not from the midlands) are way better in the Octavia.

MPG, well lets face it, not many vehicles going to outdo a 1.9pd tdi are there, Lol.

And I hit my head on the edge of the parcel shelf the first time I put something in the boot, Grrrrrrr. This bit is a bad design IMO. I need a high viz strip on it.

Anyway, pretty chuffed with my hard earned.

:thumbup: