DSG drops out of gear at junctions before car stops requiring sudden extra braking

Skoda Mk3, iV, The car occasionally drops out of drive at slow speed just before a stop. Mostly at road junctions or when parking up. I can feel a shudder and I have to quickly apply more brake pedal as the car lurches without the gear engaged.

It doesn't happen all of the time. It has been to the dealer but the Technician cannot replicate the problem I am told. I've read up on known problems with the DSG but nothing definitive. The dealership hasn't been too help up until now and I have asked for the issue to be escalated to the Service Manager. My biggest concern is going into the back of someone or running someone over. 

@STEMAC  Is this a Superb rather than an Octavia?

The issue is with it going to EV drive is it not?  

Looks like they need to get another technician on to your car.

?

How many miles has it done and were the Recall Actions carried out on the car? 

The Service Manager is not a Technician is he or she,?  They need to escalate it to the Area Warranty Manager who can get Skoda Technical involved.

Edited by Rooted

A lot of people with this platform complain of the reduction of braking as slow. This is the regenerative braking rolling off which starts at 10mph I think. Then completely off at 5mph. It takes some getting used to especially if you are a gentle braker like me.

Your issue may not be this but I thought I'd add it anyway.

Edited by MarkyG82
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, STEMAC said:

Skoda Mk3, iV

SInce there is no iV version of the Octavia 3 it seems you have posted in the wrong forum?

As Rooted asks do you maybe have a Superb not an Octavia?

Edited by PetrolDave