Goodbye Octavia

6nations

Well enough was enough, my local dealer is great but my 3yr old Octavia was becoming a permanent resident in their workshop due to that notorious infotainment system and its hard/soft ware issues - I would also say it is a dangerous design, fine if youve a passenger to use it but not for the driver...so what next, well happy with dealer (question on how good skoda uk is) but I stayed and now have a Karoq, I can now use the infotainment system , I was tempted by another Octavia as they might  have sorted it but didn't want the risk, all cars have issues but my last Octavia oh my gord no (shame as it was my 4th Ocy)

• Like 2

Oh no that's a shame, though I'm happy you have found your vehicle. I hope it turns out better for you in the Karoq than it was in the octavia.

All the best.  For me it's my first Octavia. I have the rs 2023. I hope I don't encounter the same issues with the Information system that others have encountered like you have.  

On 20/11/2023 at 12:49, 6nations said:

I was tempted by another Octavia as they might  have sorted it but didn't want the risk

You should've done that :)

Yes, they sorted it out, and now it's good.

I came other way around (almost). Had Ateca before (Karoq's twin) and i like Octavia so much better for everything (except maybe for getting in and out of the car :) ). Especially fuel consumption is much better in O4.

know what you mean, oct nice, but i had latest hardware and so many software updates it was a laugh, also actual design of over touch screen set up got i hated it, oh and aerodynamics meant water run off roof on to rear passenger seat, so not easy move, actually looked at loads of other brands but loads with rubbish info systems, i cant see the touch screen trend lasting, its just a cost saving  measure 

On 24/11/2023 at 13:15, 6nations said:

but i had latest hardware and so many software updates it was a laugh

If your car was 3 years old, I bet you had the same old H56 hardware anyway. It's not like they will swap H56 to H61 or something else, they will keep replacing the same H56, no matter how many times it fails.

On 25/11/2023 at 16:40, Edela said:

If your car was 3 years old, I bet you had the same old H56 hardware anyway. It's not like they will swap H56 to H61 or something else, they will keep replacing the same H56, no matter how many times it fails.

Is it not possible to fit the newer hardware?